New York, NY · Member since 2017 · 36 posts · 1 vote
Does the earnest money check (deposit) get made out to the sellers agent/ broker? I found that odd. Typically it would get cut to sellers attorney. Perhaps Delaware is different.
Thx
Rental Property Investor · Washington Township, NJ · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 976 votes
9y
This is correct. Earnest money check is made out to the sellers broker in Delaware. What's even more annoying is they want a picture of the check with an offer. I have so many voided checks for offers I've made and properties I ended up not purchasing. Seems very silly to me but it is nonetheless the case.
Wilmington, DE · Member since 2017 · 33 posts · 7 votes
9y
@James Masotti I have my clients send me a blank picture of a check with the amount written out and signed. I print out a picture of it and fill in the information myself (with their permission) for each offer. Saves them checks and saves us time and $$$!