Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 14 posts · 0 votes
Can some investors on here please share real life returns they are seeing on NW Indiana rentals. Not looking for the one you hit it out of the park on but a few typical deals.
Please include......
1) # units
2) Purchase Price + rehab/repairs
3) Yearly total running costs/maintenance (average)
4) Cashflow over financing+running costs (include monthly payment or % you put down)
Flipper/Rehabber · Crown Point, IN · Member since 2009 · 482 posts · 216 votes
9y
Henry,
I sell properties to investors in NW Indiana. Merrillville, Hobart, Griffith, Highland etc. I would say the average cash on cash return is around 12%. The 12% number does NOT include finance costs. That number is for a cash deal. But the number includes maintenance costs, pm fees, insurance costs, taxes and vacancy costs. I don't know about other people, but rehab costs on our homes run anywhere from $5k- $40k. It all depends on the house. We try not to sell any properties unless the rehab can be completed in 30 days or less. I hope this helps you. PM me if you need anything else. Best of luck to you.