PA Closing/Settlement Costs -- Are these fees reasonable??

PA Closing/Settlement Costs -- Are these fees reasonable??

Devon, PA · Member since 2016 · 93 posts · 23 votes

Here are the fees charged by my Settlement company recently for a purchase price of $105,000 in York County, PA. Please let me know if they are reasonable.

Insured Closing Letter = $125

Tax Certification = $20

Electronic Retrieval Fee = $50

Notary Fee = $45

Overnight Delivery Fee = $12

Incoming Wire Fee = $22

Good Standing Cert for PA LLC = $40

Lender's Title insurance = $50

Total Settlement company fees = $364

Owner's title insurance = $1154 (Sale Rate - for purchase price of $105,000)

Please let me know if these charges are reasonable?

0Reply
14 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Denver, CO · Member since 2016 · 82 posts · 46 votes
    9y

    I don't know about PA, but for the last property that I bought here in GA, those costs are lower than what I paid.  

    In the analysis spreadsheet that I developed for acquisitions, I use $1500 as the number for closing costs (title attorney only; mortgage origination is a separate line item) and I believe that will typically overshoot it. 

  • Devon, PA · Member since 2016 · 93 posts · 23 votes
    9y

    I did not include the Lender fees (like Origination, appraisal etc) since those are dependent on the lender.

    I also did not include the PA State/County Transfer Taxes in the closing costs since those are dependent on the purchase price and does not change often.

    I need to know if the Settlement costs listed above are reasonable?

  • Attorney · NJ · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 794 votes
    9y

    Yes, they are.

  • Devon, PA · Member since 2016 · 93 posts · 23 votes
    9y
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.