Can a realtor buy a home FSBO without going through a broker?

Can a realtor buy a home FSBO without going through a broker?

Real Estate Agent · Fair Lawn, NJ · Member since 2016 · 1 post · 0 votes

I am a realtor and I want to go into home flipping, but I have some reservations. I know that I have to disclose that I am a realtor, but can I approach a home owner and offer to buy the house with out paying a brokers fee? I am thinking I can, but I wanted to reach out to the group to see what your thoughts were.

0Reply
19 views

Most Popular Reply

Russell BrazilBusiness Member
Moderator
Real Estate Agent · Washington, D.C. · Member since 2012 · 17k+ posts · 30k+ votes
9y

This all depends on if your broker allows it or not. You will still need to maintain records the same as any other property, but every broker has different rules on it.

See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Russell BrazilBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Agent · Washington, D.C. · Member since 2012 · 17k+ posts · 30k+ votes
    9y

    This all depends on if your broker allows it or not. You will still need to maintain records the same as any other property, but every broker has different rules on it.

  • Real Estate Agent · Madison, WI · Member since 2014 · 93 posts · 40 votes
    9y
    As Russell Brazil pointed out, it is going to be unique to your broker. With mine, I can buy without a fee, but when I sell it would have to go through the Broker. We are allowed one personal "discounted" transaction per year. Hope that helps.
  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    9y

    this is simply a question for the broker you work for.. its one reason some get their own brokers licesnes ASAP so they can be sole practioners..

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.