Looking for Turnkey companies in Milwaukee and Indianapolis

Looking for Turnkey companies in Milwaukee and Indianapolis

Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 5 posts · 1 vote

Hi everyone,

I am a newbie investor / licensed attorney located in Chicago.

As my first real estate investment, I wanted to go safe and purchase a Turnkey property in Milwaukee and Indianapolis.

I did some preliminary research and found duplexes in those two cities can be had for 50-100K depending on neighborhoods.

I would like to hear some recommendations here on BP!

Thanks!

Jun 

1Reply
29 views

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Saint Joseph, MI · Member since 2015 · 93 posts · 50 votes
    9y

    Hey @Jun Ku, I started buying turnkey in Indianapolis exactly a year ago, and now control over 100 units. My first 2 turnkey buys with other companies did not go well, so I'm glad I didn't give up on it and 3rd time was a charm. I was so thrilled with my experience and my ROI I started referring my friends and colleagues, and then that went so well I partnered with my turnkey provider and I help other investors build portfolios. You can check out my website to look at sample deals, and there's a link on my calendar to book a Strategy call as well. In any event, good luck with your search!

  • Realtor · New Berlin, WI · Member since 2016 · 118 posts · 47 votes
    9y

    @Jun Ku Welcome to BP! Sounds like you have a plan and strategy in place, which is the most important part of starting out.  I am a realtor in Milwaukee - feel free to reach out any time if you have questions about the local market or need help.  There are numerous investors from Illinois, and some even come to the local investor's meetings.  @Brie Schmidt is from Chicago and has multiple holdings in Milwaukee - make sure to check out her and her company.

  • Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    @Jack Gibson Thank you, I would love to hear more about the market and potential opportunities. Please PM me! Thanks!

    @Svetlana Foley Thank you as well! 

  • Self Employed · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2015 · 135 posts · 45 votes
    9y

    I work with homeinvest and Nate Armstrong. They run a very tight operation and it's been a great experience so far

  • Real Estate Agent · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2012 · 20 posts · 13 votes
    9y

    I live & invest in Indianapolis.  I have seen several investors have bad experiences with turnkey companies.  I'm glad Jack is having a good experience, but please go slowly and have trusted advisers help you review the deals.  The typical issues I've seen with turnkey companies is 1) priced too high often because of inflated commission and wholesale margins, 2) poor renovation work and 3) poor management.   This can be a successful model but it is not completely hands-off.

  • Real Estate Coach · Venice Beach, CA · Member since 2012 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    9y

    Hi Jun! I know a great provider in Indy but if you live in Chicago, there are great turnkeys there as well. Any reason for wanting to go to the Midwest?

  • Shawn AckermanPro Member
    Real Estate Entrepreneur · Mid West, East Coast · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    @Jun Ku Buyer beware!! Do your due diligence my friend.  best of luck!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.