Advice on Lubbock TX’s Bayless Atkins neighborhood

Advice on Lubbock TX’s Bayless Atkins neighborhood

Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2016 · 71 posts · 21 votes

Hi Everyone,

Hope you're having a great day.  Considering a couple small multi units to use as rentals in Lubbock TX’s Bayless Atkins neighborhood.  Would anyone with knowledge of the area please share what you know about the area? All opinions are helpful. 

Would also like recommendations on a management company.

Thanks

Grace 

0Reply
20 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Greenville, SC · Member since 2016 · 24 posts · 5 votes
    10y
    That area is ok. It's holding value, but probably not going to appreciate as much as other areas if Lubbock. I would highly recommend HubCity Rentals as a management company.
  • Jordan SutherlandBusiness Member
    Realtor · Lubbock, TX · Member since 2016 · 86 posts · 119 votes
    10y

    Hi Grace!  I'm a new investor, but I have lived in Lubbock my whole life. That specific neighborhood is definately one of the least desirable in the city, although there may be some decent rental properties in the area. Some streets in that neighborhood are okay, and some parts of the area are like a war zone. I looked into purchasing a fourplex and a duplex in the area, and when I actually saw it in person, I was almost scared to even be there. I'm sure these properties will cashflow, but will provide some serious headache to the owner, even if the property is not self managed. Also, this area is one that I would say has a far less than average chance of appreciating compared to the reat of Lubbock. With all that said, there may be some deals to be had in area, but it might be a little risky. Feel welcome to PM me if you want to discuss it in further detail.

  • Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2016 · 71 posts · 21 votes
    10y

    @Jeremiah Phillips and @Jordan Sutherland, thanks very much for your valuable inputs. Your responses may be the missing pieces in understanding why the properties have been on the market for some time and the drastic reduction in prices.

    @Jordan Sullivan I will PM you. Commuting now

    Grace

  • Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2016 · 71 posts · 21 votes
    10y

    Apologies @Jordan Sutherland!!  Darn auto correct 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.