Tax Deed Sales Clear Title

Tax Deed Sales Clear Title

Investor · Lehigh Acres, FL · Member since 2015 · 39 posts · 8 votes

Hello BP Fam!

There is a lot of land here in SWFL that is parceled out and there seem to multiple avenues to purchase these lots at discount. I'd like to buy them at discount and market them to finance or potentially even build. I have had some luck with mailing letters, but I've noticed that I can pick them up at tax deed sales at discount as well. Of course there may be liens or otherwise debt on the property that may cause issues. My question is:

Is paying title search on these properties enough to verify that they will be okay to bid on? What exactly are they doing when they search anyway, isn't everything online now? I wouldn't mind going down to the county if need be and checking files. Also, I would probably pay for title insurance as well, how does that work when I'm buying the deed from the county and/or the certificate holders? Thanks for any and all help and best of luck with everything you do!

0Reply
18 views

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Consultant · Ball Ground, GA · Member since 2015 · 228 posts · 100 votes
    10y

    @Account Closed - so I am curious of your results.   If you get a tax sale list and you narrow down 20 parcels you are interested in.  Do you send them all to the title search before you bid?   Doesn't that get fairly expensive especially for land investing?  

    Joe

  • Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    10y

    With a tax deed in Fl, you can't get title insurance right away since you don't get clean title.  Those lots in Leehigh have been going cheap for forever at tax deed sales.  Many are unbuildable due to zoning, etc., thare's just not much demand with so many thousands of them vacant, and also some areas may have water/sewer assessments, etc.". You need to do a quiet title action, $1500-2000, 4-6 months. Those garbage lo

  • Investor · Lehigh Acres, FL · Member since 2015 · 39 posts · 8 votes
    10y
    My local title office will do a search for $75, I'm willing to bet if I sent them 20 parcels they would cut me a deal John Anderson Joe Mclain
  • Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2017 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    Did you find out how to Protect Yourself from a-z what's the Formula

  • Investor · Flower Mound, TX · Member since 2017 · 182 posts · 198 votes
    8y

    Awe darn @John Anderson got his account closed. I'm going to miss him ;-)

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.