What do I owe when buying a house at auction

What do I owe when buying a house at auction

Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2016 · 2 posts · 0 votes

We are on our way to having real estate and flipping being our permanent occupations. I am in California and was hoping someone may be able to help me navigate an auction buy. There are many disclosures stating that the purchase price may not be all that is owed when a property is purchased at auction. Are there key words or pitfalls we should be aware of? Thank you in advance 

0Reply
15 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Consultant · Knoxville TN · Member since 2011 · 112 posts · 81 votes
    10y

    If you are seriously considering a home I would have your title company or attorneys office do some preliminary title work on the home prior to purchasing the home. Generally the major issues on a home can be found within just a few short minutes. Other things that may be owed are taxes, whether local or federal, this isn't extremely common but most liens I see in addition to a mortgage are usually taxes. I have a title company who is "on call" whenever I need them, a good team is invaluable especially when purchasing homes that may have issues. A small fee to the title company can save you a lot of money in the long run. If you know what you are looking for you can always go through the title yourself, but your time is better spent finding the deals and leaving that type of thing to the experts. Good luck. 

  • Glendale, CA · Member since 2013 · 303 posts · 67 votes
    10y

    When you say "auction" are you speaking about a Trustee sale? I would do A LOT of research before buying at a Trustee auction,. lot of people have lost hundreds of thousands and more because of errors. 

  • Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2016 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    thank you both for the advice

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.