Investor · grand prairie / st.louis, texas/ Missouri · Member since 2014 · 168 posts · 19 votes
I am looking for a solid go getting realtor. why is it so hard to find? why do you need to sign exclusively to one realtor and half the time the realtor won't even fight to get you the deal. Or they don't wanna work when you need them. They want you to deal with only them but they hold you up because they have multiple clients. do this make sense to any other investor? Oh and lets not forget that they don't even know real estate for real. I had one ask me what was an ARV.. I am not signing any exclusive rights form until an agent proves themselves first... I am just venting I think, but then get mad when you don't need them cause I can make the offers myself. I can search for my own deals via the mls and talk with the listing agent myself. Don't you want to get paid? oh I know you realtors must be stinking rich already huh? get with the program...
Real Estate Agent · Buena Park, CA · Member since 2016 · 743 posts · 424 votes
10y
Have you thought about going ahead and getting your own real estate license? I know that's my goal as soon as I can jettison my stupid day job that killing me 70 hours a week.Find my own deals,write my own offers,Manage my own projects,and sell my property myself!!!! I am gonna learn to keep all the damn money!!!
Investor · grand prairie / st.louis, texas/ Missouri · Member since 2014 · 168 posts · 19 votes
10y
lol, I know thats right.. but hell I use someone access for the mls and i can talk to the listing agents and make offers, I am managing my own projects and I don't wanna.. I don't mind sharing. Good help is just so hard now a days I guess..
Rental Property Investor · Poughkeepsie, NY · Member since 2013 · 262 posts · 96 votes
10y
At my local reia I was speaking to a woman who has been in real estate a very long time. She said she went to view a property and agent was very pushy about signing the exclusive form and She stood her ground. The next time they met he made the analogy that you would go around dating many people , why would you do it to your realtor. She said she was very offended but she is very quick and witty. She responded "this hoe doesn't need a pimp". He still sold her the house without the form and continues to do business with her.
Arlington, TX · Member since 2015 · 68 posts · 18 votes
10y
I'm assuming the Realtors are trying to "lock up" the deal, so you won't go find someone else. That being said; if I was a realtor (I'm not), I would not start a business relationship by pushing someone into something. I would try to prove my ability and trustworthiness, so you would want to come back to me with out "exclusive" paperwork. After all, I wouldn't want to work with some who is being forced. I guess you could break it down to the realtor having a lack of people skills.
Investor · grand prairie / st.louis, texas/ Missouri · Member since 2014 · 168 posts · 19 votes
10y
no need to lock up the deal, I'm already doing business with you on the deal so it is yours. and they want to lock up your business for 6 months or a year. No I will not sign that. You get deals from all different sources and if another realtor brings me a deal, I am working with that realtor on that deal. simple you know