Indianapolis Market - 2016 Neighborhoods to watch

Indianapolis Market - 2016 Neighborhoods to watch

Real Estate Consultant · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2014 · 218 posts · 166 votes

Indianapolis investors:

2015 was an exciting year with a lot of changes and redevelopment in areas throughout the city. As we get underway in 2016, I am curious what everyone's different neighborhoods to watch for the most value-add growth moving throughout the year and how they compare with local investors and out-of-staters.

1. Most underrated neighborhood

2. Most overrated neighborhood

3.  Most highly anticipated neighborhood

I'll hang up and listen.

1Reply
19 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2015 · 13 posts · 5 votes
    10y

    I would say the most underrated neighborhoods are the Martindale-Brightwood and Haughville. I see lots of potential in these areas, very cheap homes and a strong focus on reducing crime. 

    My most highly anticipated neighborhood would probably be just east of Woodruff place. However it will be very interesting when Main Street Renewal and Mt Helix decided to unload all of their homes.

    Lastly my most overrated would be Fountain Square and Bates Hendricks. I don't see that market being sustainable. Quarter of million dollar homes, which just a few years ago were a fifth of the value. Wait a few years when those folks start having children and b-line for Carmel and Fishers.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.