Property Management Company in Birmingham, AL Recommendation?

Property Management Company in Birmingham, AL Recommendation?

Investor · SAN FRANCISCO, CA - California · Member since 2014 · 78 posts · 32 votes

Hi All,

I am looking for a new PM company in Birmingham, and wanted to see if anyone had any recommendations. I own two properties there, and have been dissatisfied with the level of communication and follow-through from my current PM. I know that dissatisfaction with PM companies is as old as time itself, but I have been happy with the other PMs that I work with across 5 other cities.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Steven

0Reply
30 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Birmingham, AL · Member since 2015 · 29 posts · 10 votes
10y

Decas group 

J. Benoit Completely straight forward and trustworthy 

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Pompton Lakes, NJ · Member since 2015 · 14 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    if you dont mind me asking, how long have you been in birmingham and who is your current PM?  

    I only ask since I am looking in that area soon.

    DJ

  • Investor · Birmingham, AL · Member since 2015 · 29 posts · 10 votes
    10y

    Decas group 

    J. Benoit Completely straight forward and trustworthy 

  • Real Estate Broker · Southeast · Member since 2014 · 175 posts · 63 votes
    10y

    Hey Steven! I would be happy to speak with you about our services.

  • Property Manager · Cumming, GA · Member since 2015 · 261 posts · 199 votes
    10y

    You can go to narpm.org - National Association of Residential Property Managers.  

    Here is a link for some questions to help you narrow it down.  I can also send it pdf if needed.  

     Top Questions to Ask Before You Hire A Management Company

    Once you have it narrowed down to 2 or 3, set up a time to visit the offices. Walking in the front door is the best way to gauge the professionalism of the company and to determine if they are a good fit for you or not.  Consider it the first date...not all of us should get married:)

    Good luck and I hope this helps. 

  • Birmingham, AL · Member since 2015 · 7 posts · 5 votes
    10y

    Steven,

    I use Alabama Rental Managers at 2084 Valleydale Rd and have been very satisfied for a number of years.  Their local number is (205)824-5008.  Hope this helps!

  • Investor · SAN FRANCISCO, CA - California · Member since 2014 · 78 posts · 32 votes
    10y

    Thanks so much everyone. I had an excellent conversation with my PM, and there had been some communication issues that we resolved. I'm going to keep a more careful eye on my properties in Birm over the next couple of months and then reassess.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.