Moving to first closing on MFR!!

Moving to first closing on MFR!!

Real Estate Agent · Flint, MI · Member since 2015 · 270 posts · 71 votes

As I begin moving toward closing on my first MFR we have ran into a snag. Hopefully this will be resolved soon however.

Problem: Owner brought lot next to property and combined the porperties in 2012. There was some sort of foreclosure on the lot or property that was on the lot prior to his buying (quit claim deed from that owner) and now it seems that the title company wont insure until the foreclosure issue is resolved, which means additional title services are need in the amoubnt of $750 and up. No one is willing to pay for this service, however the seller claims they know of a title company that will proceed and we will see if this is true Monday. I'm sure nothing will come of this investigation that will haunt the buyer, as the owner has not had anything come up in the 3 years he has owned and combined the parcels,  but I understand his concern to have everything cleared up before closing, this is why quit claim deeds can be risky if something does come out negative regarding the added lot. 

Has anyone else run into a similar situation?

Does anyone know of a title company that handles these type of situations so that it does not effect the new buyer?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

0Reply
8 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Karen MargraveBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer · Redding, CA · Member since 2009 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    10y

    @Account Closed These types of things are what nightmares are made of. I'm not sure for your my first deal I'd want to get in the middle of that can of worms. 

  • Investor · Fort Wayne, IN · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 515 votes
    10y

    @Account Closednational tax title services is where I would start first, may have to do quiet title otherwise which will take time and money. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Flint, MI · Member since 2015 · 270 posts · 71 votes
    10y

    Yes indeed @Karen Margrave trust me if i had hair i would be pulling it out right now, I'll wait and see what comes of all of this on Monday.

    Thanks @Jeremy Tillotson I'll check into that title service if we cant get it resolved, I looked at the site and seen it takes 60 days so I dont know if buyer will want to wait that long but will see. 

    Thanks again both of you

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.