Direct Mail: I'm mailing 600 homes surrounding my wife's college

Direct Mail: I'm mailing 600 homes surrounding my wife's college

Real Estate Broker · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes

So let's see how this goes. The way I'm looking at it is easy to rent, easy to sell, and in demand. This school has one of the top doctoral programs in the nation. I'll keep you guys posted! 

1Reply
22 views

Most Popular Reply

Hanford, CA · Member since 2013 · 5k+ posts · 1k+ votes
10y

That's awesome! Good luck!

See this reply in the discussion

36 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Hanford, CA · Member since 2013 · 5k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    That's awesome! Good luck!

  • Real Estate Broker · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y

    I didn't really filter it down much so we will see! 

  • Vendor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2015 · 27 posts · 6 votes
    10y

    Very interesting. Keep us posted on your results! 

  • Real Estate Broker · Boynton Beach, FL · Member since 2015 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    I wish you luck, definitely interested in hearing how it goes.

  • Real Estate Broker · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y

    Mail will be dropped on Saturday. Calls should start on Monday!

  • Rockford, IL · Member since 2015 · 343 posts · 95 votes
    10y
    Interesting keep us posted.
  • Real Estate Broker · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y

    Well I promised to keep you guys updated. We are pushed back to mailing till this Saturday. I ended up wrenching on my wife's car. I'll keep you guys posted when calls start to roll in.

  • Investor · Lafayette, LA · Member since 2015 · 152 posts · 50 votes
    10y

    @Ryan Dossey Is there a reason that you didn't filter your list? Are you trying to focus only on this area?

  • Investor · Corona, CA · Member since 2014 · 746 posts · 372 votes
    10y

    What is the goal and purpose of this campaign? Are you a wholesaler trying to get distressed calls?

  • Real Estate Broker · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y

    @Stephen Nicholson

    Great question. I DID NOT filter it because I want homes in this particular area. Basically that hit right against the college. We've got a few things that we want to try. (multi family conversions) 

    @Jacqueline Carrington 

    The goal of this campaign is to get a few homes around the campus. I "wholesale as a secondary measure" feel free to check out my explanation of that on the blog. 

    My primary goal is holding/flips. However given the location anything I don't want will be extremely easy to wholesale. Or sell to one of my wife's friends.

  • Real Estate Broker · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y

    Well the calls have hit. So far 4 today. 

    2 TMOL

    1 Guy interested in what we do (but not wanting to sell) 

    1 lady with a brand new home. Insurance rebuilt it due to fire damage. Only one month old. Wanting to sell it. She'd been there for 12 years. Making her an offer tomorrow.

  • Investor · Pleasant Grove, UT · Member since 2015 · 7 posts · 3 votes
    10y
    What is tmol?
  • Real Estate Broker · Chicago, IL · Member since 2014 · 39 posts · 7 votes
    10y

    Wow 4 calls after one mailing? What is the language and type of the mailer? I like the campus idea. Would love to hear more about your marketing strategy. Thanks for sharing!

  • Real Estate Broker · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Wes Carmichael:

    What is tmol?

     Sorry I forget that not everyone came from a call center (like me!)

    Take Me Off The List (typically angry people) 

  • Real Estate Broker · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y

    Just had another guy wanting me to meet him. Sounds interesting. Home needs all of the interior redone. 

    So good so far!

  • Real Estate Broker · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Mike Nickles:

    Wow 4 calls after one mailing? What is the language and type of the mailer? I like the campus idea. Would love to hear more about your marketing strategy. Thanks for sharing!

     Check out @Jerry Puckett on here. Great quality lists and mail.

  • Real Estate Broker · Chicago, IL · Member since 2014 · 39 posts · 7 votes
    10y

    Great I will check jerry out...also thanks for clearing up TMOL lol

  • Real Estate Broker · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y

    Making 3 offers today. 

  • Real Estate Broker · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Mike Nickles:

    Great I will check jerry out...also thanks for clearing up TMOL lol

     Not a problem at all. Another acronym I'm bound to use in this thread is NALVM

    No Answer Left Voice Mail

  • Uriah D.Pro Member
    Investor · Apex, NC · Member since 2014 · 340 posts · 188 votes
    10y

    "Check out @Jerry Puckett on here. Great quality lists and mail."

    That's debatable depending on location.

  • Real Estate Broker · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Uriah D.:

    "Check out @Jerry Puckett on here. Great quality lists and mail."

    That's debatable depending on location.

     Obviously I can only share my experience. Your list is going to be location/demographic specific. 

  • Uriah D.Pro Member
    Investor · Apex, NC · Member since 2014 · 340 posts · 188 votes
    10y
    Mike Nickles just wanted to make sure everyone knows there are a lot of great list providers and mail creators. I've had much better success with some and not so great with others. Ryan D. Clearly has had amazing success using jerry. One of the reasons I have him a shot.
  • Real Estate Broker · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y

    Who is Mike Nickles? Jerry isn't a list provider he does direct mail. 

    Lists come from Listsource and I pull my own. Surely you knew that.

  • Real Estate Broker · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y

    Back to the point of this thread. 

    The gentleman with the 20k house said the offer was within reason. He has 25 other homes he's liquidating (retiring) and we're meeting up early next week. 

    I'm also meeting with a lady on a home early next week that she owes 72k and its worth 105k. She is moving in with her sister and just wants out of the mortgage. We're looking at a potential subject to, land contract, or just a cash deal.

  • Jon S.Pro Member
    Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2015 · 530 posts · 92 votes
    10y

    @Ryan Dossey thank you for sharing your mailing experience and for the referral to Jerry for mailings. Looking forward to hearing how your 3 offers turn out. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.