Any experienced Wholesalers in the Central MA area??

Any experienced Wholesalers in the Central MA area??

IT Technician · Worcester, MA · Member since 2015 · 30 posts · 5 votes

I'm currently located in Worcester and new to investing. I am very much interested in buy and hold investing, as well as wholesaling. 

I plan to buy my first rental property in May of 2016, a triplex in Worcester. The reason this deal is so far in the future is because I am buying the property from my mother and she is not selling it until May. I also still have a lot of learning to do and I am hoping to find a mentor in the Central MA area who's brain I can pick! I am also hoping to meet someone experienced in Wholesaling. I am very interested in learning about Wholesaling and willing to put the work in. I work full time during the day and have a 5 year old with another baby due any day now. Any and all free time I have is dedicated to learning about REI and I am dedicated to gaining knowledge and experience and would appreciate any and all help!

Please reach out if anyone wants to grab coffee or lunch!

1Reply
25 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Worcester, MA · Member since 2015 · 10 posts · 5 votes
    10y

    Have you signed up for the REI clubs? So far that has been the best place I found to start learning.

    I know of BostonAREIA, BlackDiamond REI, And MassRealestate.net

  • Scott TrenchPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    10y

    Hi @Robert Cook - You definitely have the right frame of mind in seeking a mentor - a seasoned local investor can be invaluable in helping you learn the tricks of the trade here.

    I definitely struggled to find some great mentors myself, however, and I think that my experience could perhaps be of value to you!

    Perhaps this guide, "The Ultimate Guide to Finding Incredible Mentors" can help you start your search for a mentor that will help you in your real estate journey!

  • Boonsboro, MD · Member since 2011 · 137 posts · 26 votes
    10y

    Well Robert, it looks like you will have your hands full for Thanksgiving, if your little one arrives before then!

    It is hard to find a good mentor, they are so engrossed with their business, but it is possible. I would also suggest your local REIA clubs, the meetup.com clubs in your area, and just tell everybody what you are doing.

    I wish you the best, happy holidays! and congrats on your new arrival.

  • West Springfield, MA · Member since 2013 · 188 posts · 52 votes
    10y

    Hi @Robert Cook, I agree with @Xavier C. that you should check out the local REIA's. Look up @Ann Bellamy and @Mike Hurney they put on great REIA's in central and eastern Mass. We have on in Springfield if ever interested. You can sign up at the links in my signature. Good luck!!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.