I am looking for a mentor in the Salem, Or area

I am looking for a mentor in the Salem, Or area

Investor · Salem, OR · Member since 2013 · 54 posts · 8 votes

Hi BP nation,

I've been a member of BP for over a year now and haven't done any thing yet. About a year and a half ago I went to a Montolongo 3 day seminar, recently they called me and are offering to provide mentorship for $4,500 for a year. That seems a bit high to me. I agree that a mentor should not be expected to help me for nothing, but I don't know what a reasonable price range would be.

 I would like to find a local, hands on mentor in the Salem, Or area. I have some education from the seminar, but without experience it is becoming a but jumbled. 

I am unemployed so my schedule is very flexible. 

I would appreciate any contacts and we can discuss in more detail.

0Reply
11 views

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Mckinney, TX · Member since 2015 · 86 posts · 11 votes
    10y
    I don't know any in that physical area but online there are plenty a great one to check out is jay Morrison in his program you guys could talk on the phone web everything it's amazing and not expensive
  • Investor · Salem, OR · Member since 2013 · 54 posts · 8 votes
    10y

    Thanks Damion, I'll check him out

  • Investor · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2015 · 6k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y

    @Michael W. and @Damion Byros, other reviews on BP about Jay's Academy have suggested that there is no need to pay for any of the information you would get there - because all the same education is available FREE either on Youtube or even here on BP (You can Search: "Jay Morrison"). Also, most cities have regular (free / cheap) Meetups for just this purpose.

    If you can afford $1000's, then keep those dollars as a deposit on your first deal! Post potential deal analysis numbers on the Forum, and the feedback you get will likely be as good as from a "personal" Mentor. (Did that sound like wise Mentor advice? Free)! Cheers...

  • Lansing, MI · Member since 2015 · 301 posts · 149 votes
    10y

    Find a local REI group and just start talking to people. Offer your help to those investors and in return you may find a mentor.

  • Investor · Salem, OR · Member since 2013 · 54 posts · 8 votes
    10y

    Thanks everyone for your input, I decided to not pay for Montolongo's system. I have an REI meeting Thursday night, I've been there a few times before and some of them know me, so I'm going to swallow my pride (I'm ashamed for not having done a deal yet, and I've been going off and on for over a year) and ask for help.

  • Plumbing Contractor · Grants Pass, OR · Member since 2015 · 23 posts · 7 votes
    10y

    Hey Michael, I'm not smart enough to be a mentor, yet, but I do know plumbing, if you need any questions answered in the plumbing category just ask. I'm also down the road from you in Grants Pass. Good Luck. Terry

  • Investor · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2015 · 6k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y

    @Michael W., best quote today: "Armando Montelongo (or insert Jay, or any other of the RE 'Gurus' who live off their rip-off fees) has created a cult of self"...

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.