Dream House up for rent. Interested in purchasing. Need advice.

Dream House up for rent. Interested in purchasing. Need advice.

Littleton, CO · Member since 2014 · 39 posts · 5 votes

There is the cutest Spanish style house that just came up for rent in my neighborhood.  My wife and I have had our eye set on this house since we moved in to the area 10yrs ago.  It is in Littleton, Co where the market is super hot. The for rent sign specifically says not for sale!  I am going to call the owner today or tomorrow but wanted to get BPers thoughts before I call.  Ideally they may be interested in some sort of lease option where we put money down and/or have and option fee, plus sign a long term contract. 

0Reply
4 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Rochester, MI · Member since 2012 · 152 posts · 52 votes
    11y

    See if they would be interested in a lease with option to buy. Find out why they don't want to sell it also, they may be underwater in which case maybe you can get a subject to deal going.  Worst case they say no and you still are able to rent and live there. 

  • Real Estate Broker · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    11y

    Jared I would start with something to the effect of I've lived in the area for 10 years and want to live in your house! Then move on with the rest. 

  • Littleton, CO · Member since 2014 · 39 posts · 5 votes
    11y

    Great ideas so far.  I am going to use both of those.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.