Investment property in Kansas City, MO

Investment property in Kansas City, MO

Fort Mitchell, AL · Member since 2015 · 13 posts · 1 vote
Hi My husband and I will be moving to Ft Leavenworth this summer. We have other properties around the country and would like to learn more about investing in Kansas City. It is my understanding the tech industry is making big impacts in the area. What neighborhoods are up and coming. Are there any deals for under 100k that are still in decent neighborhoods? Any information you have would be greatly appreciated.
0Reply
30 views

Most Popular Reply

Andrew SyriosPro Member
Moderator
Residential Real Estate Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 5k+ votes
11y

I have to second my brother's point, Grandview and Belton are great. I would also look at the area near the old Bannister mall, where Cerner is building a massive complex that should bring in a lot of jobs.

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2013 · 117 posts · 59 votes
    11y

    My brother and I invest all over the KC Metro, almost all the houses we own were purchased for under 100K and we have may in solid area's.

  • Fort Mitchell, AL · Member since 2015 · 13 posts · 1 vote
    11y

    @Phillip Syrios I checked out your site earlier in the week, it is interesting to see what you are doing. Thanks for your reply. I am now in the research phase as we are not even in the area yet. Any tips on certain neighborhoods I should be watching? Anything you are partial to? 

  • Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2013 · 117 posts · 59 votes
    11y

    We love Grandview, Belton, Lee's Summit, Raytown and the Waldo area of Kansas City. Its gotten a lot harder to find good deals as the prices have risen substantially in all these areas. There area a lot of area's people pitch as good investments because the properties are so cheap but be careful as a lot of them are cheap for a reason. There are a few lower end area's that we think work really well but you need to know which ones to get involved in and which ones to stay out of.

    What type of investing are you trying to do? We do exclusively buy and hold investing so if your doing fix and flip or something different that might change what area you want to look at.

  • Andrew SyriosPro Member
    Moderator
    Residential Real Estate Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    11y

    I have to second my brother's point, Grandview and Belton are great. I would also look at the area near the old Bannister mall, where Cerner is building a massive complex that should bring in a lot of jobs.

  • Fort Mitchell, AL · Member since 2015 · 13 posts · 1 vote
    11y

    @Phillip Syrios and @Andrew Syrios thanks so much for your advice. I am going to start researching Grandview and Belton in particular. We would want to buy and hold. My impression is KC is an up and coming city. 

    I am not entirely clear on what your company does, could you explain a bit more?

  • Rental Property Investor · Mercer Island, WA · Member since 2008 · 22k+ posts · 14k+ votes
    11y

    @Lauren Rothlisberger sorry but any sort of promotion of a company cannot be done in this thread.  That would need to go into the Marketplace.

  • Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2013 · 117 posts · 59 votes
    11y

    @Lauren Rothlisberger

    Feel free to private message me and we can discuss things more.

  • Rental Property Investor · Lawrence, KS · Member since 2016 · 84 posts · 20 votes
    10y
    Lauren Rothlisberger , I'd be curious to know how your search has gone. Any luck since the 'over 1 year' since' since this thread?
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.