philadelphia - mayfair, tacony & holmesburg

philadelphia - mayfair, tacony & holmesburg

Saugerties, NY · Member since 2014 · 98 posts · 32 votes

Hi fellow philly investors,

does anyone have experience & knowledge of these areas. Would you say they are solid, safe, family friendly areas. Appreciation prospects?

Thanks in advance

0Reply
14 views

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Westampton, NJ · Member since 2014 · 57 posts · 31 votes
    11y

    These are my main areas.  Tacony and Homesburg will probably stay relatively stable while Mayfair is in a decline.  I wouldn't expect any appreciation in any of these areas, and there could even be some depreciation.   You can find good cash flow properties in these areas but if I was looking for appreciation I would look farther northeast (Morrell and Parkwood).

    This is just my opinion.

  • Investor · Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2014 · 231 posts · 12 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Ryan Fagan:

    These are my main areas.  Tacony and Homesburg will probably stay relatively stable while Mayfair is in a decline.  I wouldn't expect any appreciation in any of these areas, and there could even be some depreciation.   You can find good cash flow properties in these areas but if I was looking for appreciation I would look farther northeast (Morrell and Parkwood).

    This is just my opinion.

     thank you, what are the zip codes and borders for morrell and parkwood?

  • Investor · Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2014 · 231 posts · 12 votes
    11y

    also, what would you say cause this decline in mayfair ?

  • Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2009 · 97 posts · 31 votes
    11y

    zips for morrell and parkwood are 19154 and 19114

  • Co-Owner Of Premier Choice Painting LLC · Feasterville, PA · Member since 2014 · 21 posts · 3 votes
    11y

    Hey Nathan, those areas are stable along If you find good cash flowing properties. Tacony is great as well.  Mayfair is declining however the city knows that. They are currently implementing programs for revitalization. Tacony is undergoing one as well. A new charter school is being build, along with the new Dietz and Watson warehouse Along state road. I grew up in mayfair and a current realtor for the NE Area. I live borderline tacony and mayfair. I dont like seeing areas going downhill and i do what i can to keep it nice.

  • Saugerties, NY · Member since 2014 · 98 posts · 32 votes
    11y

    Albeit late, but thanks anyway @James Cloman.  I appreciate the insight.

    Where can i find details about the revitalization programs? What areas do you invest in philly?

  • Investor · Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2014 · 231 posts · 12 votes
    11y

    what would  you say is the reason for the mayfair's decline ?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.