Flipper/Rehabber · Lincoln, NE · Member since 2014 · 171 posts · 54 votes
Got a call today from a referral. The gentleman on the phone wants to sell and move the house he is living in off the lot, and build a new house. Does anyone do deals like that? The deal is in Lincoln Nebraska. There is currently a housing shortage here, so there is probably some money to be made on this deal. I have no experience on a deal like this but would like to pass a referral and get a small bird-dog fee at closing.
What spurred him to call me was that he was thinking about an addition, but the cost was high enough that he felt he would rather build new.
Because I have never done a deal like this, I just got the seller's contact information and no specifics on the house itself. I do know that the seller lives in it now and loves the location, but has outgrown the house.
I have a local realtor and other team members that can assist if needed.
Severna Park, MD · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 7k+ votes
12y
from what I have heard around my way , you basically give a couple hundred for the house , its the cost of permits and moving the house that are expensive .
Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2014 · 113 posts · 17 votes
12y
My brother did this on a house he is living in. OMG what a disaster.
He is spending more money than it would have taken to just buy a house. You got to figure out that it will cost thousands to move. Then you will need to redo most of the walls due to cracks from the move. More than likely the whole house needs updates and anything of value will have been stripped.
If it is brick, the bricks would have to be stripped. In my opinion.