Wholesaler marketed the property too early

Wholesaler marketed the property too early

New to Real Estate · Member since 2019 · 16 posts · 3 votes

In September, I found a property I was interested in acquiring online. I put down a 5K EMD and signed a contract with a wholesaler to close in October. Three weeks before the closing date, the wholesaler notified me that the house was going through probate and that we could not close until the first week of December. If the property can't close in December, what steps must I take to get my EMD back from the title company?

0Reply
20 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Dakota KingPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2017 · 8 posts · 1 vote
    1y

    Can you extend the DD period? That would be one way to keep your money protected 

  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    1y

    @Wesley Frye

    What’s the expiration date of the contract? If it expires and you don’t close because of wholesaler you get it back

    7e investments53 Reviews
  • New to Real Estate · Member since 2019 · 16 posts · 3 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Chris Seveney:

    @Wesley Frye

    What’s the expiration date of the contract? If it expires and you don’t close because of wholesaler, you get it back

    Thanks for the response. The contract expired on October 27th. I was sent an addendum to extend the closing date but did not sign it. 


Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.