Handling an investor on a cash out refi

Handling an investor on a cash out refi

Member since 2023 · 5 posts · 1 vote

A silent investor owns 20% of Property 1. I am willing to do a cash out refinance in the next few months. Will the silent investor also be attached to the purchase of property #2? Before purchasing property 1, we aligned on a buy and hold strategy but didn't discuss cash out refi options.

0Reply
22 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · Nashville, TN · Member since 2024 · 700 posts · 284 votes
    2y

    I am confused on what you are asking, I assume he is 20% owner of the LLC in which owns property #1.

    If you want to buy a 2nd property without him, simply buy it under a different LLC.

  • Member since 2023 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    2y

    I would be purchasing Property #2 with the funds from a cash out refinance from property #1

  • Lender · Freehold, NJ · Member since 2022 · 235 posts · 85 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Horacio Barrera:

    A silent investor owns 20% of Property 1. I am willing to do a cash out refinance in the next few months. Will the silent investor also be attached to the purchase of property #2? Before purchasing property 1, we aligned on a buy and hold strategy but didn't discuss cash out refi options.


     Seems as though it depends on the agreement made with said silent investor. If you just need to pay them back the 20% they are owed, then you pay him out of the proceeds of the cash out and net the remainder. If you do not need the silent investor for property #2, then you don't use them. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.