3 names on deed... How do I approach this deal?

3 names on deed... How do I approach this deal?

Valrico, FL · Member since 2013 · 25 posts · 2 votes

Hello BP,

I have an appointment to see a property. The property is free and clear, however there are 3 names on the deed (a mother and her two daughters). Everyone is on the same page about selling, and the mother will ultimately be the decision maker... How to I structure this deal? Do I need additional paper work for the other parties to sign?

Thank you in advance for any advice.

0Reply
19 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Central Valley, CA · Member since 2012 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
12y

All three parties sign the same purchase agreement. My purchase agreement says that it can be executed in counter parts. Which means if I send a copy to 3 different owners in three different places, they can each sign their copy and return it. It's complete when I've receive all the signatures.

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Central Valley, CA · Member since 2012 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    All three parties sign the same purchase agreement. My purchase agreement says that it can be executed in counter parts. Which means if I send a copy to 3 different owners in three different places, they can each sign their copy and return it. It's complete when I've receive all the signatures.

  • Valrico, FL · Member since 2013 · 25 posts · 2 votes
    12y

    Thank you.

    What wording in your purchase agreement do you use?

  • Investor · Central Valley, CA · Member since 2012 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    This Agreement may be executed in counterparts and via facsimile transmission.

  • Jerry W.Pro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Thermopolis, WY · Member since 2012 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    12y

    @Paul Springer use all 3 names and then put in brackets (hereinafter referred to as Sellers) then just use sellers.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.