Questions about Tyler Texas area as investment beginner!

Questions about Tyler Texas area as investment beginner!

Investor · OH, TX · Member since 2023 · 9 posts · 3 votes

Hi, I’m trying to invest multiplex home in Tyler area. I cannot see many houses available in the real estate platform like Zillow but also I see most houses are longer than 30days after listing. I’m curious if I’m making right decision now. can you advise current market situation in Tyler and I will need to connect with experienced agent and investor.

Thank you!

1Reply
38 views

Most Popular Reply

Jason WrayPro Member
Banker · Nationwide · Member since 2020 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
2y

Jy - I would reach out to @Lucia Rushton she is an agent in the area and can help you find a good 2-4 unit.

See this reply in the discussion

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jason WrayPro Member
    Banker · Nationwide · Member since 2020 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y

    Jy - I would reach out to @Lucia Rushton she is an agent in the area and can help you find a good 2-4 unit.

  • Investor · Longview, TX · Member since 2023 · 8 posts · 3 votes
    2y

    Jy - I am also watching the Tyler area but for MTRs for nurses. For the properties that are listed for a longer time, It seems that a lot of them are over priced for the neighborhoods they are in.

    I live close to Tyler and my wife is an agent for the Longview area. Unfortunately she doesn't have access to the GTAR MLS, but we are constantly driving the area searching for possible investments.

    btw there is a local REI group that meets monthly. A lot of knowledgeable locals in there. No fees or any of that junk, just people meeting for coffee and showing off their projects. It's under "IMPACT Lindale" on Facebook, I think.

  • Investor · OH, TX · Member since 2023 · 9 posts · 3 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Jason Wray:

    Jy - I would reach out to @Lucia Rushton she is an agent in the area and can help you find a good 2-4 unit.


     Really appreciate! I will contact her.

  • Investor · OH, TX · Member since 2023 · 9 posts · 3 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Michael Newman:

    Jy - I am also watching the Tyler area but for MTRs for nurses. For the properties that are listed for a longer time, It seems that a lot of them are over priced for the neighborhoods they are in.

    I live close to Tyler and my wife is an agent for the Longview area. Unfortunately she doesn't have access to the GTAR MLS, but we are constantly driving the area searching for possible investments.

    btw there is a local REI group that meets monthly. A lot of knowledgeable locals in there. No fees or any of that junk, just people meeting for coffee and showing off their projects. It's under "IMPACT Lindale" on Facebook, I think.


     This is fantastic information. Definately I will join that group soon. appreciated!

  • Real Estate Consultant · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2011 · 45 posts · 39 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Michael Newman:

    Jy - I am also watching the Tyler area but for MTRs for nurses. For the properties that are listed for a longer time, It seems that a lot of them are over priced for the neighborhoods they are in.

    I live close to Tyler and my wife is an agent for the Longview area. Unfortunately she doesn't have access to the GTAR MLS, but we are constantly driving the area searching for possible investments.

    btw there is a local REI group that meets monthly. A lot of knowledgeable locals in there. No fees or any of that junk, just people meeting for coffee and showing off their projects. It's under "IMPACT Lindale" on Facebook, I think.

    Yes there are two IMPACT groups in East Texas, IMPACT Lindale/Tyler and IMPACT Longview

     The Lindale Tyler group typically meets the first Tuesday of the Month at Brisket Love just North of I-20 on 849 near Hideaway, they also have a Saturday breakfast and Investment Property tour once a Month on a Saturday.

    The Longview group meets the 2nd Monday near the Longview Airport (South Longview).

    Both IMPACT's have a Facebook presents in Groups and also on Meetup com

  • Real Estate Consultant · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2011 · 45 posts · 39 votes
    2y

    JY Lim, I have been in this game for 20 years, it can be hard to find Multi Family in the MLS, most of us get a list of out of the area investors and direct market to them, also there are a couple of local wholesalers who come across Multi family (they do the work for you)

    Many are brought up at the local REI meetings.

    Just had some local investors pick up a couple of Duplexes with Subject 2 from a seller moving out of State, was not listed in the MLS

  • Investor · OH, TX · Member since 2023 · 9 posts · 3 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Roger Paschal:
    Quote from @Michael Newman:

    Jy - I am also watching the Tyler area but for MTRs for nurses. For the properties that are listed for a longer time, It seems that a lot of them are over priced for the neighborhoods they are in.

    I live close to Tyler and my wife is an agent for the Longview area. Unfortunately she doesn't have access to the GTAR MLS, but we are constantly driving the area searching for possible investments.

    btw there is a local REI group that meets monthly. A lot of knowledgeable locals in there. No fees or any of that junk, just people meeting for coffee and showing off their projects. It's under "IMPACT Lindale" on Facebook, I think.

    Yes there are two IMPACT groups in East Texas, IMPACT Lindale/Tyler and IMPACT Longview

     The Lindale Tyler group typically meets the first Tuesday of the Month at Brisket Love just North of I-20 on 849 near Hideaway, they also have a Saturday breakfast and Investment Property tour once a Month on a Saturday.

    The Longview group meets the 2nd Monday near the Longview Airport (South Longview).

    Both IMPACT's have a Facebook presents in Groups and also on Meetup com


    Hi sir, appreciate your valuable information. I will find and joing those group ASAP!

  • Investor · OH, TX · Member since 2023 · 9 posts · 3 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Roger Paschal:

    JY Lim, I have been in this game for 20 years, it can be hard to find Multi Family in the MLS, most of us get a list of out of the area investors and direct market to them, also there are a couple of local wholesalers who come across Multi family (they do the work for you)

    Many are brought up at the local REI meetings.

    Just had some local investors pick up a couple of Duplexes with Subject 2 from a seller moving out of State, was not listed in the MLS


     Wow. amazing experiecne..Let's connect sir. 

  • Real Estate Agent · East Texas · Member since 2020 · 53 posts · 14 votes
    2y

    @JY Lim I am realtor in Tyler and would love to help you in any way I can! I also have personal interest in multifamily investing as well. Please feel free to reach out to me at any time.

  • Investor · OH, TX · Member since 2023 · 9 posts · 3 votes
    2y

    I'm really lookning forward to connect with you.I will send DM if that's okay. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.