How do I search probate records in Pima County, Arizona (aka Tucson)?

How do I search probate records in Pima County, Arizona (aka Tucson)?

Investor · Folsom, CA · Member since 2010 · 85 posts · 9 votes

First, is there a probate forum at BiggerPockets.com? I couldn't find one. It seems to me that probate investing is a whole strategy on its own, and deserves its own forum in Real Estate Investing Strategies.

I have a lead on a property in Arizona owned by PGF Partnership. One of the guys in the partnership, GDP (as in Gross Domestic Product), died a couple of years ago, and a personal representative, MLG was appointed in Pima county, Arizona, two years ago. I have the probate case number. I have the mailing address of PGF Parnership (a PO Box), and the mail from that PO Box does get picked up.

I want to acquire the property from PGF Partnership and/or acquire as much as possible of the PFG Parnership interests. I plan to send a letter to the PGF parnership, try to locate MLG and, if I manage to locate her, ask her who owns what. But, before doing that, to make sure nobody involved sells me the Brooklyn Bridge (I heard it needs a coat of paint, which I am not willing to do), I want to research the probate records to get an idea of who owns what from court records.

When I googled Pima county probate records search, the first result is https://www.jp.pima.gov/CaseSe... . None of the other search results seemed useful to me. For example, I entered the probate case number at https://apps.supremecourt.az.g... , and the site returned a Not Found message. The probate court is at https://www.sc.pima.gov/judges... , but I don't see a link for case search.

As you can see, in the Search By Case Number,  The case number should start with 'CR', 'CV', or 'TR'.
My probate case number starts with a PB.

I am in California, and would rather not go to Tucson in person. I would consider it though if I can't find a lower cost option.

How do I search probate records in Pima County, Arizona (aka Tucson)? Ideally remotely. If not, in person, by showing up at the court.

At a minimum, I would like to get MLG's address and phone number from the records instead of an internet search. But I also really want is to know what the interest of GDP was in the PGF Partnership, who inherited what percentage of that interest, the PGF Parnership documents, and who else, besides GDP's heirs, owns what interest in the Partnership. That way, when I contact the partnerhip itself, I would get a sense of whether whoever I am talking to is telling me the truth or trying to sell me the unpainted Brooklyn Bridge.

0Reply
84 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Randall AlanPro Member
    Investor · Lakeland, FL · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Abdenour Achab:

    First, is there a probate forum at BiggerPockets.com? I couldn't find one. It seems to me that probate investing is a whole strategy on its own, and deserves its own forum in Real Estate Investing Strategies.

    I have a lead on a property in Arizona owned by PGF Partnership. One of the guys in the partnership, GDP (as in Gross Domestic Product), died a couple of years ago, and a personal representative, MLG was appointed in Pima county, Arizona, two years ago. I have the probate case number. I have the mailing address of PGF Parnership (a PO Box), and the mail from that PO Box does get picked up.

    I want to acquire the property from PGF Partnership and/or acquire as much as possible of the PFG Parnership interests. I plan to send a letter to the PGF parnership, try to locate MLG and, if I manage to locate her, ask her who owns what. But, before doing that, to make sure nobody involved sells me the Brooklyn Bridge (I heard it needs a coat of paint, which I am not willing to do), I want to research the probate records to get an idea of who owns what from court records.

    When I googled Pima county probate records search, the first result is https://www.jp.pima.gov/CaseSe... . None of the other search results seemed useful to me. For example, I entered the probate case number at https://apps.supremecourt.az.g... , and the site returned a Not Found message. The probate court is at https://www.sc.pima.gov/judges... , but I don't see a link for case search.

    As you can see, in the Search By Case Number,  The case number should start with 'CR', 'CV', or 'TR'.
    My probate case number starts with a PB.

    I am in California, and would rather not go to Tucson in person. I would consider it though if I can't find a lower cost option.

    How do I search probate records in Pima County, Arizona (aka Tucson)? Ideally remotely. If not, in person, by showing up at the court.

    At a minimum, I would like to get MLG's address and phone number from the records instead of an internet search. But I also really want is to know what the interest of GDP was in the PGF Partnership, who inherited what percentage of that interest, the PGF Parnership documents, and who else, besides GDP's heirs, owns what interest in the Partnership. That way, when I contact the partnerhip itself, I would get a sense of whether whoever I am talking to is telling me the truth or trying to sell me the unpainted Brooklyn Bridge.

     @Abdenour Achab

    I personally think you are chasing something not worth chasing - this is presuming you have no personal connection to the case in question. 
    The fact that probate was filed indicates someone (ie. A lawyer) is looking after the disposition of assets for this case.  Disposing of assets in probate  - by its very nature - is done by getting an appraisal on the property and trying to maximize the value of the asset disposition for the benefit of the estate - all of which has to be court approved.  There is typically not an angle for an outsider to ‘swoop in’ and pick up the property at some massively discounted price. 
    In all likelihood, the asset will either be deeded to a beneficiary, or sold on the open market at retail to get  funds for the estate.  

    Looking at the fact this was a partnership, it is likely the other members of the partnership will receive the assets.

    Trust me, probate lawyers already have a plan for asset disposition and random outsiders are just a bother to them… a lot like telemarketer calls are for you.  Also, most probate records are not publicly available for viewing by the general public  from my experience outside of maybe the case docket item listings.

    All the best!

    Randy 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.