POS INSPECTIONS CLEVELAND HEIGHTS-WILL PAY FOR PHONE CALL

POS INSPECTIONS CLEVELAND HEIGHTS-WILL PAY FOR PHONE CALL

Member since 2022 · 7 posts · 8 votes

Cleveland Heights requires a POS inspection BEFORE entering into a contract to purchase. My seller has 5 properties that need these inspections done and he is overwhelmed and doesn't even know how to handle them. How do I help move him forward so that I can write him offers? The inspections range between $200-300 so they aren't expensive. Was thinking I could split costs with him but that might be money that I'm just burning if I can't get him in contract. I have sent him links to POS inspections website with all the information but he is not moving forward because he has a problem tenant that is taking up all his brain space.

I'm willing to pay for a phone call with an experienced Cleveland Heights investor to help get me through this hump. Thanks!

1Reply
19 views

Most Popular Reply

Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
4y

I just went through a POS there in cleveland and its a pain for sure..  @James Wise  JIm might engage with you on this topic. it can be done. And is done every day.  

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    4y

    I just went through a POS there in cleveland and its a pain for sure..  @James Wise  JIm might engage with you on this topic. it can be done. And is done every day.  

  • Real Estate Consultant · Cleveland · Member since 2020 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Emily Schultz:

    Cleveland Heights requires a POS inspection BEFORE entering into a contract to purchase. My seller has 5 properties that need these inspections done and he is overwhelmed and doesn't even know how to handle them. How do I help move him forward so that I can write him offers? The inspections range between $200-300 so they aren't expensive. Was thinking I could split costs with him but that might be money that I'm just burning if I can't get him in contract. I have sent him links to POS inspections website with all the information but he is not moving forward because he has a problem tenant that is taking up all his brain space.

    I'm willing to pay for a phone call with an experienced Cleveland Heights investor to help get me through this hump. Thanks!


     I have done/ been through 100sn and 100s of POS inspections, More than happy to help 

    Since you do not have experience there I strongly suggest you connect with someone that knows the area. Must make sure you are not overpaying. You make your money when you buy

  • Real Estate Consultant · Cleveland · Member since 2020 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Emily Schultz:

    Cleveland Heights requires a POS inspection BEFORE entering into a contract to purchase. My seller has 5 properties that need these inspections done and he is overwhelmed and doesn't even know how to handle them. How do I help move him forward so that I can write him offers? The inspections range between $200-300 so they aren't expensive. Was thinking I could split costs with him but that might be money that I'm just burning if I can't get him in contract. I have sent him links to POS inspections website with all the information but he is not moving forward because he has a problem tenant that is taking up all his brain space.

    I'm willing to pay for a phone call with an experienced Cleveland Heights investor to help get me through this hump. Thanks!

     Actually, it does not require the POS before, it requires it before you close, if the seller is unwilling to order the POS, then move on. Plenty of good deals out there,

    BTW unless you are getting these props at a great deal, All in FOR 100KISH then move on, Taxes are too high, it will eat away at your ROI. Also assuming you are cash? If not well that does make it even more difficult getting a great deal.

  • Investor · Cleveland Ohio · Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 3 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Emily Schultz:

    Cleveland Heights requires a POS inspection BEFORE entering into a contract to purchase. My seller has 5 properties that need these inspections done and he is overwhelmed and doesn't even know how to handle them. How do I help move him forward so that I can write him offers? The inspections range between $200-300 so they aren't expensive. Was thinking I could split costs with him but that might be money that I'm just burning if I can't get him in contract. I have sent him links to POS inspections website with all the information but he is not moving forward because he has a problem tenant that is taking up all his brain space.

    I'm willing to pay for a phone call with an experienced Cleveland Heights investor to help get me through this hump. Thanks!


     Hey Emily, I wholesale and invest here in Cleveland also and Cleveland Heights is always a bottleneck for investors, I'm happy to help you underwrite the deal to see if this is going to be worth your time before you invest that much money into the deal

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Emily Schultz:

    Cleveland Heights requires a POS inspection BEFORE entering into a contract to purchase. My seller has 5 properties that need these inspections done and he is overwhelmed and doesn't even know how to handle them. How do I help move him forward so that I can write him offers? The inspections range between $200-300 so they aren't expensive. Was thinking I could split costs with him but that might be money that I'm just burning if I can't get him in contract. I have sent him links to POS inspections website with all the information but he is not moving forward because he has a problem tenant that is taking up all his brain space.

    I'm willing to pay for a phone call with an experienced Cleveland Heights investor to help get me through this hump. Thanks!


     Seller has to do the POS before they close the sale, not before they go under contract. If I were you I would not split the cost of this. If the dude won't even order his own POS he doesn't sound like someone who's actually going to sell the houses to you.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.