QOTW: What is your “dream property”?

QOTW: What is your “dream property”?

Alicia MarksPro Member
Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes

Welcome to our "Question of the Week"! We have all likely looked at, or even bought a fair amount of real estate in your career. Despite all that, we all have that property type that would be our dream. Do you own it? Are you planning to purchase your dream property? How long into your search did it take to find it? What did you learn from buying it or what do you think you can learn from buying one? 

Let's hear about reaching those dreams!

4Reply
157 views

Most Popular Reply

Rob PattisonPro Member
Specialist · Hermosa Beach, CA · Member since 2016 · 94 posts · 55 votes
4y

My dream property is a property I own in Costa Rica, which is a 2 bed/1 bath on 13,000 square feet of land within 60 seconds walk to a surfing beach, in a small beach town of 500 people, located 25 minutes drive from a larger beach down.

I plan on building a surf shed to house surf boards, a large swimming pool, a bbq area, fruit trees throughout the property, install a streem with a small waterfall and fish, then tear down the existing house a couple years down the road and put in a 5 bed/6 bath house, use it for myself every 90 days, going there with family and friends, the rest of the time rent it out short term rental.   My property manager is a super-host with Airbnb.

See this reply in the discussion

67 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2022 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    4y

    Searching for underlying designing administrations, estimations and license submittal with reactions to remarks in San Diego city. I have 2 unit segregated ADU on top of one another being planned by a planner, I want primary designing done on it. I can send an applied pdf archive. Searching for statements https://housebouse.com/.

  • Real Estate Agent · Houston & College Station, TX · Member since 2020 · 47 posts · 27 votes
    4y

    The ideal property for me would be similar to Brandon Turner’s Hawaii residence. A duplex that would offset the cost in a gorgeous, desirable destination. Maybe just in the continental US.

  • Real Estate Broker · Portland, ME · Member since 2016 · 63 posts · 55 votes
    4y

    I'd like one without lead, asbestos, mold or radon. One that has modern electrical and HVAC systems and a good square foundation. Oh, and a nice new roof and siding that's well insulated. Man, that would be a D.R.E.A.M!  :)

  • Real Estate Broker · Portland, ME · Member since 2016 · 63 posts · 55 votes
    4y
    Originally posted by @Eric James:

    Don't  get emotional about real estate.

     I literally chuckled at this one. Right on the money. 

  • Real Estate Broker · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2015 · 221 posts · 125 votes
    4y

    For my personal property I have had it twice now. I built my dream home on the lake and lived there for 2.5 years and got a random call asking if I would sell and offered me a ridiculous price. As an investor, I took it! Then I bought a 140 acre pecan farm where I live now and building my next dream home. It is a 4500 sf barndo with 30 foot ceilings down the middle. It is just beautiful out here and it is generation land. My kids will be building out here within the next 3-5 years.  Leaving a legacy worth millions! 

    Investment, I love my short term rentals and looking to buy more. I want a beach house, a mountain house, a few properties in Europe, maybe Belize and looking now at Costa Rica.  I am also looking to up my syndication game this year with at least 2 deals in the $10 - $20M range.   

  • Real Estate Syndicator · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 907 votes
    4y

    Best deal I've done so far was a self-storage facility.  Took it from 50% occupancy to 100% in 3 months.  Appealed the property taxes and got them reduced.  Lowered Op Ex. Converted one of the buildings into boat/rv storage.  Added PM software to automate the operation.  Lots of work went into this deal but has been amazing to see the quick turnaround. 

  • Agent · Honolulu, HI · Member since 2017 · 97 posts · 48 votes
    4y
    Originally posted by @Daniel Sanchez:

    The ideal property for me would be similar to Brandon Turner’s Hawaii residence. A duplex that would offset the cost in a gorgeous, desirable destination. Maybe just in the continental US.

    It's such a great move.  I've helped a few guys here on the island to get into multifamily type properties that make the affordability of Hawaii much more doable.  I love the strategy. 

  • New to Real Estate · Glendale, AZ · Member since 2022 · 2 posts · 4 votes
    4y

    Hi everyone, I don't have my first property as of yet. I live in Glendale, Arizona. When I'm driving home from work, I see construction of apartment buildings being built. That's my dream. To eventually purchase a land parcel or acres rather. And BUILD. Give me a few years though, I learn fast. 

  • Patti RobertsonBusiness Member
    Property Manager · Virginia Beach, VA · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    4y
    Congrats Chase!  Is this in Ocean View?  Pretty Lake?  I can’t think of where else on the Ches Bay you could have found a 4 plex. Lucky you!!!

    Quote from @Chase Taylor:

    This is a moving target but for a while it was a waterfront multi-family home that I house-hack. I closed on this exact type of property, a fourplex right in an inlet off the Chesapeake Bay about 4 months ago. Living waterfront with my boat on a lift in my backyard that other people pay for is hard to beat.

    In terms of investment properties, larger multi-family. I am in small-multi and SFH right now and love the efficiencies and scalability of moving my doors under less roofs.


  • Member since 2022 · 4 posts · 3 votes
    4y

    My dream property would have to be a STR near a beach (preferably on the west coast) or a MFU always creating income even if one renter decides to move out. At the end of the day great returns with minimal management are ideal

  • Real Estate Agent · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2022 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    4y

    My ream property would be a 100+ unit property where I could afford to have 25% of it to be affordable!

  • I​nvestor & Agent · Tulsa, OK · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    4y

    At the moment it’s probably a larger, modern cabin in the woods - and the passive income to go with it and to be able to turn work off for a day at a time and be at peace.

  • Member since 2022 · 1 post · 0 votes
    4y

    I would love to own a few MFU's in addition to some AIR BNB rentals. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Palm Springs, CA · Member since 2022 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    4y

    My dream property as a real estate investor is a 5-10 unit apartment building with views of the ocean that is 100% occupied.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.