Sheboygan, WI- Is it a nice place to invest?

Sheboygan, WI- Is it a nice place to invest?

Realtor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2019 · 10 posts · 8 votes

Hey ladies and gents! I don't know how many of my Wisconsin people this will reach but I'm thinking of investing in the Sheboygan area this spring. I don't know much about it besides there's a plethora of churches, bars and beaches! Was thinking it could be good for a short term rental or maybe just renting out a single family. I wouldn't know the areas to look out for or to stay away from so any advice would be awesome! Thanks in advance!

    0Reply
    15 views

    Most Popular Reply

    Rental Property Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2019 · 16 posts · 3 votes
    1y

    Hi @Quortney Williams, I came across your post from a few years ago. Did you end up purchasing in Sheboygan? My wife and I own a couple duplexes in Florida, however with insurance costs on the rise, we're looking at Wisconsin, which is where my wife is from originally, and we're looking at small multifamily in Sheyboygan. 

    Would love to hear how things went for you?

    See this reply in the discussion

    5 Replies

    Jump to latestLatest
    • Rental Property Investor · Oconomowoc, WI · Member since 2016 · 996 posts · 431 votes
      4y

      Hey @Quortney Williams, so Sheboygan does have some STR regulations. Including one that prevents a unit from being rented for less than 6 days. The STR needs to be licensed with the city and can be rented out for a maximum of 180 days in STR format for a calendar year. It's a great market STRs as long as the numbers still make sense with those regulations in mind.

      On the flip side of it Sheboygan is a growing market for long-term rentals as well.  If you have any other questions, let me know! Shoot me a DM.

    • Contractor · Sheboygan, WI · Member since 2016 · 917 posts · 266 votes
      4y

      @ Caprice Watkins check out Elkhart Lake for better STVR opportunities. 

    • Realtor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2019 · 10 posts · 8 votes
      4y

      Hey @Corina Eufinger thanks for the tips! Long term is definitely an option. I'm looking to buy something 100k or lower but there seems to be nothing in Sheboygan. I saw a few in Plymouth but I don't know if the home values align with the sales prices. Seems like a fickle market or maybe it's just because I don't know the area. I appreciate you chiming in, I may be overstepping my comfort zone with Sheboygan for now! 

    • Rental Property Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2019 · 16 posts · 3 votes
      1y

      Hi @Quortney Williams, I came across your post from a few years ago. Did you end up purchasing in Sheboygan? My wife and I own a couple duplexes in Florida, however with insurance costs on the rise, we're looking at Wisconsin, which is where my wife is from originally, and we're looking at small multifamily in Sheyboygan. 

      Would love to hear how things went for you?

    • Investor · Milwaukee - Mequon, WI · Member since 2010 · 5k+ posts · 7k+ votes
      1y

      We don't own any properties in Sheboygan, the furthest north is Port Washington and that has been great. But for an OOS investor one consideration is access to support, first of all PM & contractors, and you have more choices in the much larger Milwaukee metro area than in a smaller submarket.

    Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.