I want to know your favorite books and quotes!

I want to know your favorite books and quotes!

Real Estate Agent · Vermont and New Hampshire · Member since 2019 · 117 posts · 78 votes

If you're like me, then when you started listening to the Bigger Pockets Podcasts, you also started reading books and authors that are recommendations from the hosts and guests - and have found many favorite books, with many classic and inspirational quotes.  

I know for me what comes to mind is The One Thing  by Gary Keller.  That book hands down changed my life, and it is one that I go back to reference quite often when I start to feel like I need to focus or if I'm feeling lost as to what the "next best step" is for me to achieve my BIG WHY.   My favorite quote from that book is

"Anyone who dreams of an uncommon life eventually discovers there is no choice but to seek an uncommon approach to living it"  - Gary Keller

To be successful you can't just copy what someone else is doing exactly, and you don't need to come from wealth and connections in order to be successful in real estate investing.  You have to keep learning, keep asking questions, keep thinking critically and keep looking for what other's may not see.  That's what creates the excitement that leads to the consistency that creates success.  You have to read about others' stories and how they survived during periods of struggle or epic failure. 

I want to hear from the BP Community!  What are you favorite books, authors, quotes, ideas, or stories that either changed your life, or inspired you to keep going even when it gets hard or feels impossible

Here's a link to the reading list that I share with all of my agents if you're reading this and looking for some books to get started, or need something new to add to your repertoire https://docs.google.com/docume...

0Reply
27 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • CPA · Colorado Springs, CO · Member since 2016 · 413 posts · 258 votes
    4y

    "Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted." - Howard Marks (co-chairman of Oaktree Capital Management)

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.