San Antonio, TX · Member since 2013 · 23 posts · 12 votes
Ive got a deal that appears to be a deal and the numbers seem to work with a decent margin of profit. The house does need a small bit of leveling/foundation work but that is not unusual for Central Texas. My question is: in comparing apples to apples, the comps come in at $92-$94 per sq ft on similar 4-4-2 homes. BUT should I make a downward adjustment on the expected ARV because it will have a repaired foundation?? My foundation guy is professional, licensed contractor and will provide an engineers report and lifetime warranty on his work - been in the biz for a long time and is well known in the area. but I've never really given any thought to whether or not the ARV will be effected by having a repaired foundation - anyone have experience or wisdom on this?? it seems like once it is repaired, then it should bring the same value.
Real Estate Investor · Central, TX · Member since 2012 · 479 posts · 165 votes
13y
I would say that it depends on the buyer. Some buyers will hear foundation repair and view it negatively. Some will look at the repair as a positive.
The biggest question here is, is the foundation warranty transferable? If it is, and foundation settlement in that area is common, then I would say that it should not negatively affect your ARV.