Investor · Boyd, TX · Member since 2014 · 688 posts · 467 votes
11y
Are these owned by the park and rented out? If so you have all the standard reserves for maintenance, capital expenses, vacancy, etc. I am assuming that is your 0.70 factor in the income equation. in my market I would jump on something like that because I could rent them for $550 to $700 each depending on condition. It looks like your market isn't near as good on the rents as mine.
Investor · Shawnee Mission, KS · Member since 2015 · 423 posts · 114 votes
11y
Is the land on the way of development ? To get this cashflow you could find one SFH in Midwest with better exit strategy :))) but if you like this land or it is close to ocean or you have some plans regarding this land :))) we could not read your mind.
For MH in nowhere you could negotiate a better deal :)))
Florence, AL · Member since 2013 · 21 posts · 6 votes
11y
Thanks. Alice K. The owner is an elderly man that has had a stroke and is a little slow. He had it priced at $75k but he came down to $60k in the past 2 weeks. It really looks like it could be a money maker. One of the smaller homes is just a 12 x 60? and it only rents for $250. I was figuring that I could pick a 16 x 80 up for less than 10k and charge $550. I think that the only way to go is up on this property. It is small but it may be a good deal.
Personally, I'd jump all over that! Don't let small and old fool you, diamonds don't come out of the ground shiny!
I am looking to build what you have the opportunity to buy, look at my post > Cash only investing in Mobile Homes - My Plan, I posted yesterday to get an idea of what you can do.
Sounds like the seller is motivated by age and health and I'm sure he has trouble with up keep. You are right you can raise rent or later sell the older trailer and upgrade.
Rental Property Investor · Fayetteville, NC · Member since 2014 · 884 posts · 670 votes
11y
@Tommy Vise - It sounds like a good investment from a cash flow perspective. That being said, keep in mind that most would consider mobile homes a depreciating assets. I have often considered getting into renting MH's.