How Can We Make the BiggerPockets Real Estate Marketplace Better?

How Can We Make the BiggerPockets Real Estate Marketplace Better?

Lauren HoganPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2016 · 86 posts · 160 votes

BiggerPockets! I would like to hear from you about what we can do to make the Real Estate Marketplace better for investors. 

If you want to share your feedback, you can do so here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r... or send me a PM or post a reply below. 

Thank you in advance! 

4Reply
238 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2018 · 563 posts · 562 votes
6y

Remove fake listings, $0 or $1 listings, don't combine multifamily and with SFR. Don't show "archived" listing just to beef up the search results.

See this reply in the discussion

66 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Specialist · Riverside, CA · Member since 2015 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    6y

    I was about to ask for an off MLS feature, and then looked and realize that you have that now, great job on improving.

  • Specialist · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2019 · 587 posts · 269 votes
    6y

    Took the survey hope it helps! 

  • Real Estate Broker · Seattle, WA · Member since 2018 · 27 posts · 16 votes
    6y

    If BP Adds more filters to identify the right investors and partners, that will be helpful. 

  • Thorold, Ontario · Member since 2016 · 62 posts · 58 votes
    6y

    I wish there were more Canadian components present! I am sure myself and other Canadian users would be happy to contribute and help expand on these features to be included

  • Real Estate Agent · Menomonee Falls, WI · Member since 2016 · 54 posts · 45 votes
    6y

    As a strong calculator user, I want to be able to jump into edit on any page, make one change, and then calculate, so that I can produce the results faster. Thanks!

  • Member since 2018 · 563 posts · 562 votes
    6y

    Remove fake listings, $0 or $1 listings, don't combine multifamily and with SFR. Don't show "archived" listing just to beef up the search results.

  • Real Estate Agent · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    The amount of  recent advertising by foreclosure,com makes it difficult to search. The search function seems quirky and not very friendly 

  • Member since 2019 · 43 posts · 20 votes
    6y

    @Lauren Hogan

    Somehow notify us when there is a reply to a thread, either by email or message. Once passed, it is pretty difficult to re-locate the thread again.

  • Developer · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    6y

    1. Separate MF and single family home listings

    2. Have a way to list PORTFOLIO of properties

    3. Marketplace posts should appear on Trending/what's New - i.e., they should be more visible on BP forums

    4. Better search functionality - I can't even search the properties I listed so sometimes I found myself listing the same property twice just so I can update them

  • New to Real Estate · Covington, GA · Member since 2019 · 42 posts · 26 votes
    6y

    Is there a place to post deals we find? There are a few that I have my eye on, but I just don't have the means for it right now.  Would love to see the BP community benefit from it.  Im doing a flip right now and there is another property on the same street that really needs to be flipped.  It would help drive up the comps on my flip.  I would hate for a normal resident to purchase it and not flip it.  Is there a way to share it on the marketplace without being PRO

  • Rental Property Investor · Member since 2019 · 189 posts · 62 votes
    6y

    I love @Trey Knight 's idea... I often find myself in this scenario.

    I'd like to see a feature for people to list their "wants." Perhaps an auto infographic generator or small colour coded table that people can post details of what they're looking for. This can help us team up with local wholesalers and really catalyze the buy and sell experience for people on all sides of the table.

    Thank you for seeking feedback from your community!

  • Property Manager · NJ · Member since 2017 · 786 posts · 396 votes
    6y

    @Lauren Hogan 

    Improve the search by location feature, its seldom accurate. 

    Remove properties that are listed on the MLS

    Add a section for commercial multi family properties

  • Bloomsbury, NJ · Member since 2017 · 25 posts · 11 votes
    6y

    Left my feedback on the survey but looking forward to seeing the improvements made from this post.

  • Baltimore, MD · Member since 2018 · 75 posts · 38 votes
    6y

    @Lauren Hogan I'd love to be able to save searches in the Real Estate Listings section. It'd also be nice to be able to do searches for multiple property types. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Morgantown, WV · Member since 2016 · 235 posts · 135 votes
    6y

    I think a great improvement would be a place where you can post actual deals. Kind of the way you can go on the market place and view properties people are selling. That same exact setup but instead of homes for sale people can post deals. For example, if I recently found a great fixer upper but I do not have the means to actually do it I can post something that says the specs at a high level like "Partner Flip Deal" "Looking for Joint Venture" "50-50 Split" "Chatam NJ". Then someone can click on it and see the description, more pictures, details, etc. 

    This is what a lot of members are looking for I think and can bring the site to a next level. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Morgantown, WV · Member since 2016 · 235 posts · 135 votes
    6y

    To build off what I said, its understood you can post a forum that can list these things. But a consolidated place where an investor can just browse deals, view specs, etc. That would be amazing!

  • Dennis S.Pro Member
    Investor · Chattanooga, TN · Member since 2013 · 17 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    Took the survey. Please enhance the search function within marketplace.

  • Jason JamesPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Hillsboro, OR · Member since 2018 · 117 posts · 64 votes
    6y

    Clean up repeat and outdated listings. Require pertinent information to be completed prior to posting on site such as square footage of property. 

  • San Diego, CA · Member since 2019 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    @Lauren Hogan

    It would be great to see autofill for BiggerPockets calculators when typing in addresses.

    It would also be a nice feature to set default values with the same variable landlord paid expenses and future assumptions (vacancy, repairs, appreciation, etc) or create calculator templates with values already set for quick analyzing.

  • Lender · Frederick/Montgomery County, MD · Member since 2019 · 56 posts · 46 votes
    6y

    @Lauren Hogan when are you scrolling through the trending forum topics on the mobile app, it only shows the person name. Once you open up the thread, it includes their name, Ann location + job title if they have provided that information. I think it would be helpful if that information was a shown on the home page of the forum discussions. Thy way, as you are scrolling through them you can see if the person is in your market or lives in your state. I am only familiar with the Maryland, DC, and Northern VA markets, so I'll open a forum thread and then realize the original poster is asking a question about California and of course I can be know value. It would just allow users to narrow down the threads that are more relevant to us based on location.

  • Member since 2018 · 24 posts · 9 votes
    6y

    BP may want to disclose conflicts of interest.  

  • Atlanta GA · Member since 2019 · 101 posts · 59 votes
    6y

    Hi Lauren,

    i have found that action buttons have been super influential to the way facebook structures their platform.

    eg: If I set up a Syndicate possibility and we have a "Join" button, that's a call to action. It provokes a reaction. 

    I think that would make this better.

  • Rental Property Investor · Member since 2019 · 189 posts · 62 votes
    6y

    Hi @Lauren Hogan - one other glitch I've encountered several times is the fluidity between the web platform and the app. It would be great for the appropriate selections be available on the app for posts relating to events and marketplace, for example. I've accidentally gone against forum rules after posting content on another forum when the topic I wanted wasn't available on the mobile app. I use an Android phone, for reference. Again, thank you for reaching out!

  • Investor · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2013 · 136 posts · 29 votes
    6y

    I'd like to see land as an option when selecting a property type.

  • Northwest Arkansas · Member since 2019 · 43 posts · 23 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Robert McAllister:

    As a strong calculator user, I want to be able to jump into edit on any page, make one change, and then calculate, so that I can produce the results faster. Thanks!

    Agreed! Getting to the calculators is a several click process and editing them is the same. If you want to change just 1 number you have to go through the entire form. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.