BiggerPocket FilePlace: Getting Your Reviews of Files

BiggerPocket FilePlace: Getting Your Reviews of Files

Joshua D.Pro Member
BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes

Hey guys - I wanted to turn to you for your feedback on this one. Our Free Real Estate FilePlace is a huge success and thousands of downloads are taking place.

But, there's a problem . . .

You guys aren't rating the files (0-5 stars) and aren't leaving your feedback about them either.

We made it so users can only rate or review a file once they have downloaded it, but it seems that may be stopping users from leaving feedback.

So . . . what are your suggestions? How can we get users to review or rate the downloads in the system more?

0Reply
13 views

Most Popular Reply

Lexington, KY · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
15y

This might be overboard, but what if after you download a file, you get a generated private message asking you to rate the file? That is just an idea, maybe it will generate some better ideas.

See this reply in the discussion

11 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lexington, KY · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    15y

    This might be overboard, but what if after you download a file, you get a generated private message asking you to rate the file? That is just an idea, maybe it will generate some better ideas.

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    15y

    Not a bad idea, but if people download a handful, I could see that getting annoying.

  • Investor · Round Rock, TX · Member since 2010 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    15y

    I have no idea how to improve it. People don't seem to visit other areas of the site as much as they visit the forums for some reason...not sure why.

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    15y

    People are downloading a fair amount from the FilePlace; they just aren't rating the files after they do so . . . that's what I'm trying to solve. Perhaps a simple pop-up after a download to do so would be helpful.

  • Investor · Round Rock, TX · Member since 2010 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    15y

    Maybe you can add a "most rated" category on the page...or "highest rated." Or maybe you can combine the most and highest rated somehow...not sure.

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    15y

    First, we need people rating or reviewing :wink:

  • Investor · Round Rock, TX · Member since 2010 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    15y

    I just checked at I can't rate things in IE. I rated some stuff in Chrome a while back.

    You should also put the rating ability on the main page. I think you would get more ratings that way.

  • SFR Investor · Rochester, MN · Member since 2011 · 20 posts · 1 vote
    15y

    I just read the sample landlord/tenant lease and rated 5 stars. I see that it is specific to Maryland, but it's a very complete document. Great work and thanks!

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    15y

    Thanks for the rating, Sam. That's a great document that Peter Giardini posted recently. Although it is specific to Maryland, there are some good nuggets in there for all landlords.

  • Rehabber / Flipper · Simi Valley, CA · Member since 2010 · 597 posts · 259 votes
    15y

    I think the idea of a message after download is fine. It's kind of like rating a movie after returning it to Netflix.

  • Rehabber / Flipper · Simi Valley, CA · Member since 2010 · 597 posts · 259 votes
    15y

    Okay, so here's something I just realized. I downloaded the sample Lease Agreement that Peter Giardini posted. Having no experience with tenants or landlording, I really do not feel qualified to rate this document. It looks good, but what do I know? And does it work for where I live (California)? I don't know. So I'm sure a lot of people will be in a similar situation. It seems like the best ratings would probably come from the people who don't need to download the documents - the existing experts. :)

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.