Where to find annual property taxes online

Where to find annual property taxes online

San Mateo, CA · Member since 2017 · 21 posts · 3 votes

Hello, 

I am practicing analyzing deals using BP cash flow calculator. One thing that I've always struggled was to find annual property taxes amount to plug in. I tried county website and found ' Tax value $' and 'Assessed value $' info. What are those taxes? and how can I find or calculate annual property taxes on each property across the country? Thanks! 

0Reply
18 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Basit SiddiqiBusiness Member
    Accountant · New York, NY · Member since 2015 · 8k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    7y

    @Anthony Chung

    Unfortunately - there isin't one one-stop-shop to find property taxes for all properties in the country.

    Each county calculates property taxes differently.

    If you are looking at properties on the MLS - they would list what the property taxes were for the current year.
    You should keep a lookout if the county that you want to invest in plans to raise property taxes in the future. Otherwise, the property taxes would be pretty consistent from year to year on what is listed on the MLS. Something that can increase the property taxes is if you make upgrades to the property.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.