Episode 235: Finding And Funding Great Deals with Anson Young

Episode 235: Finding And Funding Great Deals with Anson Young

Mindy JensenPro Member
BiggerPockets Money Podcast Host · Longmont, CO · Member since 2014 · 7k+ posts · 10k+ votes

Episode 235 of The BiggerPockets Podcast features Anson Young, a successful flipper/wholesaler/agent in the red-hot Denver area. 

Two of the biggest issues facing investors today are deals and money. Learn from Anson's experiences for finding deals in markets that other people can't find and how to fund those deals in a variety of different ways. 

Anson shares tips and tricks from his new book, Finding and Funding Great Deals: The Hands-On Guide to Acquiring Real Estate in Any Market .

Download to your favorite Podcast player, or  listen right here .

5Reply
149 views

Most Popular Reply

Darren SagerPro Member
Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
9y

The book is GREAT!  Well done @Anson Young!  Everyone should own a copy!  Very happy to have read it already.

See this reply in the discussion

29 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Darren SagerPro Member
    Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    The book is GREAT!  Well done @Anson Young!  Everyone should own a copy!  Very happy to have read it already.

  • Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2016 · 112 posts · 79 votes
    9y
    Great podcast! Purchasing the book this evening. I know I had struggled with both of these earlier in my career and NEVER hurts to learn more. Great work and thanks for spending the time on the podcast and book.
  • Nam NguyenPro Member
    Investor · Chantilly, VA · Member since 2017 · 71 posts · 19 votes
    9y
    Loved the episode! How do I contact you through BP? I just signed up yesterday and would like to ask a few questions about buying rental property in the Denver area. Thanks!
  • Malden, MA · Member since 2016 · 45 posts · 10 votes
    9y

    Great Podcast and I look forward to the books. However, I do have one question to ask. I preordered the physical book on Amazon, yet I would like to get the digital content as well (Audio, book, and bonuses). Is there any possible way to pay the difference on the Ultimate package to get the digital/bonus content? Thank you 

  • Mindy JensenPro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Money Podcast Host · Longmont, CO · Member since 2014 · 7k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    9y

    Hi @Stuart Gardner . The bonus content is only available when purchased through the site. Can you cancel your order through Amazon?

  • Malden, MA · Member since 2016 · 45 posts · 10 votes
    9y

    Ideally, I would prefer to not canceling my Amazon order, given the coupon and points I used, but if that is the only way I can see what I can do. Thanks 

  • Andrew SyriosPro Member
    Moderator
    Residential Real Estate Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    9y

    Great interview and a very good book, congrats @Anson Young! 

  • Flipper · Wellington, New Zealand · Member since 2017 · 6 posts · 4 votes
    9y
    Great podcast!
  • Kansas City, MO · Member since 2015 · 609 posts · 321 votes
    9y

    Does it ever become easy to find good deals? Money and access to money is easily believable to me for the established investor.

    I always assumed good deals require hustle no matter who you are.

    Anyway I liked the podcast and am really thinking about buying the book. 

  • Anson YoungBusiness Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Denver, CO · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 726 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Nam Nguyen:

    Loved the episode! How do I contact you through BP? I just signed up yesterday and would like to ask a few questions about buying rental property in the Denver area. Thanks!

     You can connect with me by sending me a colleague request here on BP!

  • Anson YoungBusiness Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Denver, CO · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 726 votes
    9y

    Thanks everyone!  I always enjoy talking with Josh and Brandon, and sharing info!  

  • Investor · Bay Village, OH · Member since 2015 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    Just bought the 'Ultimate' package - and was surprised to see that ebook means ".pdf". Are you planning on including .mobi or .epub files? 

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Tulsa, OK · Member since 2017 · 4 posts · 3 votes
    9y

    There are several free pdf to epub file converters out there...some of them free; Adobe even has one. If you have many pdf's you would like to convert then the one from Adobe would easily be the best choice.

  • Real Estate Agent · Mechanicsburg, PA · Member since 2014 · 529 posts · 217 votes
    9y

    Interested in reading the book.  I have read every BP book so far and they are all very good.  However, I did feel somewhat disappointed.  As someone who has listened from day 1 and heard every podcast at least 3 times, I felt like this was a 1 hour promotion.  Did anyone else think that way?

  • Austin, TX · Member since 2017 · 7 posts · 6 votes
    9y

    Great on you for writing this Anson Young! This is a very important part of REI as a whole and can be overlooked.

  • Chicago, IL · Member since 2017 · 61 posts · 15 votes
    9y

    @Christian Bors I'm grateful that someone as Experienced as @Anson Young would share his knowledge to Newbies. 

  • Anson YoungBusiness Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Denver, CO · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 726 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Christian Bors:

    Interested in reading the book.  I have read every BP book so far and they are all very good.  However, I did feel somewhat disappointed.  As someone who has listened from day 1 and heard every podcast at least 3 times, I felt like this was a 1 hour promotion.  Did anyone else think that way?

     I have also listened since day one and got a ton out of some episodes and 1-2 things out of others not in my wheelhouse. This episode was a little difference and of course its release coincided with the book release so they wanted to talk about what's in the book. The same week I did a 2 hour Facebook life analyzing a deal from zero, I hope people got a bit out of each for sure! 

  • Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2015 · 306 posts · 211 votes
    9y

    Just bought the book. Love the writing style, down-to-earth thoughts and practical advice.  Not like those "it's super easy to do" RE books by people selling dreams. I'm under contract now (likely about to drop it), burned out and feel like I've been running around just for 1 dang deal for months.

    Great job @Anson Young!

    @Christian Bors - If it was some other hustler I'd be right there with you-- 

    But I met Anson at a RE meetup and he's a super humble & great guy. 

    <unrelated rant> The worst is when you get a 7 minute podcast (not BP but some other silly podcasts I listen to) and the ad is 2 minutes. BP stuff is nice in that they give you a good amount of content and just a few ads. 

    As a person who makes content as well for another industry, it's soooo hard to somehow plug in your content without feeling or sounding like a sell out. :) 

  • Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2015 · 306 posts · 211 votes
    9y

    To get PDFs converted and placed on your kindle-- (As per @Chris Ellis)

    Download Calibre! (I have nothing to do with this company-- I just use this, it's free, you can donate to support them though)

    https://calibre-ebook.com/download

  • Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2015 · 306 posts · 211 votes
    9y

    @Kevin Sherman You can use https://calibre-ebook.com/download for free! and then, hook up your kindle via USB to your PC/Mac.

    It should convert pretty well as their PDF formatting is clean. 

  • Wilmington, DE · Member since 2017 · 19 posts · 7 votes
    9y

    @Anson Young Great podcast and looking forward to reading to book.

  • Real Estate Agent · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2017 · 57 posts · 20 votes
    9y

    This was an awesome episode on the bigger pockets podcast. I learned a lot from this episode and would recommend listening to it if you were interested in getting started in becoming an agent, wholesaling deals, and flipping properties.

  • Real Estate Agent · San Jose, CA · Member since 2015 · 84 posts · 50 votes
    9y

    Anson killed it  as the featured speaker at our recent meet up with the San Jose RE Networking Club. Anson  has a  unique style , excellent targeted marketing, and  insightful vision on where he is making deals that  work profitably. He's not following the herd but leading. Disclaimer.....I have not read  the book. But  new investors, start by  saving yourself 20K from some high pressure weekend  RE  seminar and order it. 

  • Mount Vernon, NY · Member since 2017 · 6 posts · 4 votes
    9y

    Anson Young,

    Big Respect to you for writing the book and sharing your knowledge. This book is a value add to anyone's library. Your book is like a college textbook for an aspiring REI.

  • Anna CatronPro Member
    Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2017 · 206 posts · 87 votes
    6y

    What's the difference between the 2017 version and the REVISED version?  I'm trying to close my Audible acct and would like to use my last credit on this, but the one available doesn't say REVISED.

    Any thoughts? @Mindy Jensen

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.