Would you like to see a BiggerPockets app for your phone?

Would you like to see a BiggerPockets app for your phone?

William LokarBusiness Member
Realtor · Northeast TN and Central VA · Member since 2021 · 52 posts · 38 votes

For many of us investors, we spend a large amount of time on the move and using our mobile devices.   While a do appreciate the relative ease of navigating the BiggerPockets website on a mobile device, I wonder how many of you feel a mobile app would greatly enhance your user experience.   Feel free to chime in.   Does anyone know if one is in the works?

4Reply
39 views

Most Popular Reply

Lender · Seattle, WA · Member since 2022 · 482 posts · 768 votes
3y

Yes that would be nice! We can have access to BP anytime and anywhere!

@Carlos Valencia @Albert Bui

See this reply in the discussion

12 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · DFW, TX · Member since 2022 · 198 posts · 161 votes
    3y

    Might be a stretch for all of BP to have an app since they're basically a media company between the forums, podcasts, blogs and education materials. But there's definitely some components that could take the form of an app: BP Calculators and other tools and the BP Deal Finder. 

    I haven't heard of one being in the works.

  • Technology · Dallas, TX · Member since 2022 · 458 posts · 292 votes
    3y

    You may be surprised to learn that we had one! @Tiamo Wright  may have more info. Our hope is that some upcoming browser features make using the website as good as using a mobile app. Is there something specific about an app that you think is missing from the website? For me, it’s notifications.

    Previous discussions: https://www.biggerpockets.com/...



    BiggerPockets
  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @William Lokar:

    For many of us investors, we spend a large amount of time on the move and using our mobile devices.   While a do appreciate the relative ease of navigating the BiggerPockets website on a mobile device, I wonder how many of you feel a mobile app would greatly enhance your user experience.   Feel free to chime in.   Does anyone know if one is in the works?


     I still have access to the old mobile app. I did not even realize many do not hae access to the app

    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Investor · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2022 · 112 posts · 71 votes
    3y
    Quote from @William Lokar:

    For many of us investors, we spend a large amount of time on the move and using our mobile devices.   While a do appreciate the relative ease of navigating the BiggerPockets website on a mobile device, I wonder how many of you feel a mobile app would greatly enhance your user experience.   Feel free to chime in.   Does anyone know if one is in the works?


     Hi William,

    I actually had a talk about this with several investors at Pint and Properties meet up yesterday.

    A lot of us felt we had a better user experience when using the app and it is a little more difficult to use the site, communicate with other when we are on the go.

    The browser is great when I am on my PC but when I am away from my computer it is not ideal.

    I am happy to go more in depth and if you would like that just shoot me a DM!

    Best,
    Ace

  • Rental Property Investor · Chalfont, PA · Member since 2021 · 189 posts · 90 votes
    3y

    I still have the app on my phone

  • Investor · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2022 · 112 posts · 71 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Ace Kaspar:
    Quote from @William Lokar:

    For many of us investors, we spend a large amount of time on the move and using our mobile devices.   While a do appreciate the relative ease of navigating the BiggerPockets website on a mobile device, I wonder how many of you feel a mobile app would greatly enhance your user experience.   Feel free to chime in.   Does anyone know if one is in the works?


     Hi William,

    I actually had a talk about this with several investors at Pint and Properties meet up yesterday.

    A lot of us felt we had a better user experience when using the app and it is a little more difficult to use the site, communicate with other when we are on the go.

    The browser is great when I am on my PC but when I am away from my computer it is not ideal.

    I am happy to go more in depth and if you would like that just shoot me a DM!

    Best,
    Ace

    Oh I forgot to mention,

    There was an app in the past but that was removed to focus more on the browser for computer version.
  • Lender · Seattle, WA · Member since 2022 · 482 posts · 768 votes
    3y

    Yes that would be nice! We can have access to BP anytime and anywhere!

    @Carlos Valencia @Albert Bui

  • William LokarBusiness Member
    OP
    Realtor · Northeast TN and Central VA · Member since 2021 · 52 posts · 38 votes
    3y

    @Aaron Breckenridge I agree on the notifications.  I think that and intermember communication.  I would love to not have my inbox filled with notifications but rather have them through an app.

  • Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2013 · 8k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    3y

    Why would this be a higher priority than finally adding notifications for posts by people you follow? Is this the only social platform where you aren’t notified of actions by people you follow?

  • Tim DelaneyPro Member
    Buffalo, NY · Member since 2018 · 790 posts · 530 votes
    3y

    @William Lokar I’m responding to you from the BP iOS app. It does not contain the calculators, and the notifications are a bit wonky, but it’s ok.

  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2021 · 9k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    3y

    It's needed, impossible to post on the go right now. 

  • Tiamo WrightPro Member
    Denver · Member since 2021 · 148 posts · 126 votes
    3y

    We are making our website mobile friendly in hopes that we can ensure that folks can use it on the go. We had an app in the past, but for our small team it is hard to manage both a site and an app to ensure the best experience on both. One day in the future we might bring back an app, but nothing planned right now. Keep sharing any pages specifically that aren't easy on your phone and we can see what we can do. As always thanks so much for sharing your feedback to help us improve.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.