Please... Can You Help Out BiggerPockets? (It will take just 2 minutes!)

Please... Can You Help Out BiggerPockets? (It will take just 2 minutes!)

Brandon TurnerPro Member
Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes

***UPDATE 11/19/13: Forbes heard us loud and clear - and they said they were getting overwhelmed with messages from us and we didn't need to vote anymore! So .. mission accomplished! You can ignore the rest of this! *******

Original:

Hey everyone-

So Forbes magazine (yes, THE Forbes magazine) is running a contest for "The Best Websites For Your Money" ... and BiggerPockets wants to be on that list!

So we are looking for as many people as possible to nominate us!If BiggerPockets has helped you out at all in the past with your bottom line... please consider taking two minutes to write a quick email or send a tweet.

This is what the original article stated:




So - will you help out BiggerPockets... pretty please? @Joshua D. and I would appreciate it!

2Reply
85 views

Most Popular Reply

Joshua D.Pro Member
BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
12y

Hey Folks -

It looks like the folks at Forbes have heard you all loud and clear. I received the following message this morning . . . It is one of the greatest emails I've gotten -- shows that there is definitely power in the BP community!

I hope we can respect their request to hold back on the emails to them.

Thanks SO much for the overwhelming support!

Hi there, My name is [Removed], and I'm one of the Forbes reporters in charge of the "Best Money Websites" search (http://www.forbes.com/sites/samanthasharf/2013/11/01/seeking-your-nominations-for-the-best-websites-for-your-money-2013/). I'm not sure if one of your fans is particularly zealous or if you asked your readers to email us, but we've gotten dozens and dozens of BiggerPockets nominations. While it's great your readers are so passionate, inclusion on the list is not based on number of votes; we're evaluating websites on quality and content instead. Do you mind gently asking your readers (or Twitter followers, or however the news got out) to halt the barrage? You can tell them that we're definitely considering BiggerPockets as a "Best Money Website" and they'll be able to see who made the cut later in December. If you have any questions, I'm reachable at [Removed]. We so appreciate your readers' enthusiasm, and hope this means they're excited to see the full list -- it's just that BiggerPockets nominations are filling our inbox and we want to make sure we don't miss nominations for other sites. Thanks

See this reply in the discussion

60 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Inland Empire, CA · Member since 2012 · 63 posts · 12 votes
    12y

    I figured their mailboxes are bombarded with BP fans. Mission accomplish!

  • Derreck WellsPro Member
    Specialist · Pelham, NH · Member since 2013 · 544 posts · 269 votes
    12y

    Sweet!

  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    But if we stop now then it looks as we only wrote in because of a post and then stopped because of a post. So, I think it's important that there are still some more emails until the voting stops ;-)

  • Deborah BurianPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 412 votes
    12y

    Ok @Joshua D. that's just hilarious. I hope it works!

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    12y

    @Michaela G. - I suppose you've got a point there . . .

    @Deborah Burian - We will see won't we? Lets hope they find us worthy . . .

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Bremerton, WA · Member since 2013 · 494 posts · 142 votes
    12y

    Love it! Nothing like a unified effort. This email made my day - "Go BP!"

    I may send one more vote in just for fun. Say something like, "I accidently came across this incredible site on real estate investing..." blah, blah, blah....

    k - now sending #1 ranking thoughts to Forbes Mag. (big wink)

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    12y

    @Stephanie Dupuis - You rock!

  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    Did they ever announce the finalists?

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    12y

    No updated. I just pinged them on Twitter . . . we'll see what happens. Thanks for the reminder, @Michaela G.

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    12y

    Here's my answer . . .

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.