New investor in the Philadelphia area

New investor in the Philadelphia area

Swarthmore, PA · Member since 2017 · 5 posts · 2 votes

Hello everyone,

I have done a couple fix and holds in the past, and have now made the leap back into real estate investment recently. I am struggling to find reliable and reasonable contractors as I am now down to only a few quality subs that I know from past dealings. I am looking for a general contractor and any further specialty contractors (if general does not have their own) in the Philadelphia area to build a team of contractors for rehabs and are able to give me a solid quote that I can use to calculate my buying costs. If you are not a contractor and could refer any contractors that they know it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time!

Regards,

James VanVladricken

1Reply
9 views

Most Popular Reply

Joseph ODonovanPro Member
Property Manager · Ridley, PA · Member since 2017 · 427 posts · 449 votes
9y
@James VanVladricken II I'm an investor in the Swarthmore area as well. I have purchased 2 properties in Delco over the last 18 months and I'm under contract now for my third buy and hold in Delco. Kevin Morrissey was my GC and he did a real nice job from start to finish on both properties. He will be doing my third as well. His company name is Kevin J. Carpentry. Good luck!
See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Joseph ScoreseBusiness Member
    Banker · Philadelphia · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 631 votes
    9y

    Hi @James VanVladricken II

    Welcome to BP!

    First and most important suggestion, join your local REIA - Diversified Investors Group. This will assist you in growing out your Power Team at the same time creating opportunities for yourself.

    Let me know if you have any questions.

    Regards,

    Joe Scorese

  • Joseph ODonovanPro Member
    Property Manager · Ridley, PA · Member since 2017 · 427 posts · 449 votes
    9y
    @James VanVladricken II I'm an investor in the Swarthmore area as well. I have purchased 2 properties in Delco over the last 18 months and I'm under contract now for my third buy and hold in Delco. Kevin Morrissey was my GC and he did a real nice job from start to finish on both properties. He will be doing my third as well. His company name is Kevin J. Carpentry. Good luck!
  • Swarthmore, PA · Member since 2017 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    @Joseph Scorese Hello Joseph and thank you so much for your reply. I was a member of DIG in the past, but switched over the GPREIA when they moved out further to Horsham. I do miss DIG because they did offer a lot of nice educational programs and resources. The people are really nice as well there. I definitely need to improve my networking as you stated to build more contacts to grow my business. Thank you!

  • Swarthmore, PA · Member since 2017 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    @Joseph ODonovan Joseph, thank you so much for the recommendation! I will give Kevin a call. It is great to hear of your success and I wish you luck with your 3rd property! Feel free to reach out anytime and hopefully I can help you out as well.

  • Real Estate Investor · Audubon, PA · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 8k+ votes
    9y

    @James VanVladricken II - welcome to BP. You should reconsider DIG; one of DIG's best benefits is the subgroups, where meetings are held all over the area, not just at the main meeting location. There is a subgroup for Delaware County, there is one for Chester County that meets in West Chester, there is another that meets in Oaks, and there are a number inside Philadelphia; all of those are closer to you than Horsham, and of course closer than Ambler where the main meeting moved this year.

  • Swarthmore, PA · Member since 2017 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    @Steve Babiak Hey Steve! Thank you so much for the response and the welcome. You are correct that I don't believe I every found the subgroups of DIG and definitely need to check those out. Thank you for the advice!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.