Sidewalk Crack and Roof Soffit damage - Pensacola FL

Sidewalk Crack and Roof Soffit damage - Pensacola FL

Investor · Herndon, VA · Member since 2012 · 40 posts · 1 vote

These two items came from the insurance inspection and I asked my property manager to get quotes to fix them. This is the quote I got from his contractor'

Repair Soffit $2,395.49

Tear out side walk and re-pour with broom finish $ 1,350.27 

I live far away from pensacola, but looking at the pictures, at the max 10 soffits need to be replaced (they are available in Lowes for 15$ a piece) and I don't think it will take more than 8 hrs to fix it. Am I missing something here?

I am not sure about the sidewalk quote, but somehow feel this is on the high end too.

Please advise...

Sidewalk Crack

Soffit damage

0Reply
10 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Contractor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    Maybe 2k for both by a contractor with WC excempt, low end contractor. Two man job, 2-3 day work.

  • Michael ClantonPro Member
    Contractor · Monroe, NC · Member since 2015 · 44 posts · 22 votes
    11y

    The concrete quote isn't astronomically high - based on what I can see from the picture, you may be able to get the job done for as low as $1000. (in my area, anyway)  This repair will typically be done over two days (4-6 hours tear out/prep, 4-6 hours pour/finish).

    The soffit repair quote does seem excessive. Like you, I wouldn't think the repair would take longer than 8 hours for a couple of qualified metal trim/roofing installers. However, since this is a commercial building, the soffit is likely a metal material rather than the vinyl material sold at Lowe's, so the material cost will probably be higher. I don't have very much experience in commercial costruction, but I would definately get a few more quotes on this. Between the two repairs I would think you should be able to get the work done for at least $1000 less than the quoted amounts.

  • Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    11y

    Unless that crack is a trip hazard, I'd just fill it with some masonry caulking/crack filler. Especially if that is the only one.

  • Lender · Tampa, FL · Member since 2014 · 71 posts · 10 votes
    11y

    @Raj I am a local floridian about an hour away from Pensacola in Destin.  I focus on trust deed investing, however thats not important to what your looking for.  I do know of a gentleman here in Pensacola who does concrete "refurbishing" and repair.  He has done this for several rehabbers that I have funded and I would gladly pass along his information to you.  Best of luck.  He can do the concrete, if you would like I can find someone in our local real estate club that could work on your soffits.  You can reply here or look me up on my profile.  you can also visit my website and contact me through there www.spearsoninvestmentgrp.com

  • Investor · Herndon, VA · Member since 2012 · 40 posts · 1 vote
    11y

    Thanks everyone for your feedback and suggestions. I found a local handyman in CraigsList and put him in touch with my Property Manager. His quote was 400$ each for fixing the Soffit and to repair the sidewalk. So I am taking a chance on him, hopefully it will work out.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.