Professional athlete but educating my self on future investments

Professional athlete but educating my self on future investments

Real Estate Agent · Fayetteville, AR · Member since 2021 · 10 posts · 7 votes

My name is Chad Spanberger I am a professional baseball player in the Milwaukee Brewers organization. I have been in the MiLB for almost 4 years now but I have also been flipping and renting out houses for 3 years too. I first started with my best friend and roommate back in college and ever since our first flip I have fallen in love with real estate and what it can do for my career and future!

I started listening to BP podcast this past year and I love the questions they ask on their because they are the same questions I think about since I am still a rookie in this business. I’m excited to meet expand on my network of people and possibly become partners down the road!

3Reply
15 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Kansas City · Member since 2018 · 4k+ posts · 3k+ votes
5y

Welcome aboard! You are off to a great start

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Kansas City · Member since 2018 · 4k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    5y

    Welcome aboard! You are off to a great start

  • Rental Property Investor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2018 · 138 posts · 52 votes
    5y

    @Chad Spanberger

    Always great to have more people in Milwaukee! Happy to answer any questions you have. I grew up around Milwaukee and have lived here for most of my life.

  • Real Estate Syndicator · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 907 votes
    5y

    I live and invest in the Milwaukee area.  Partnership is the model I've done and it's allowed me to scale much quicker.  Bigger deals offer greater economies of scale like property management and software solutions. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Waukesha, WI · Member since 2015 · 31 posts · 15 votes
    5y

    Hi Chad, welcome to BP and Milwaukee! This is a great place to live and invest with lots of activity. 

  • Real Estate Broker · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2016 · 121 posts · 81 votes
    5y

    @Chad Spanberger, congrats on the recent successes! It's awesome that you're already looking to build a foundation for your future. Are you looking to continue doing flips or starting to target buy & hold?

  • Real Estate Agent · Fayetteville, AR · Member since 2021 · 10 posts · 7 votes
    5y

    @Jeremy Trad My goal for the future is to have buy and hold for rent but would also do some flips if it the numbers made sense to.

  • Real Estate Broker · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2016 · 121 posts · 81 votes
    5y

    @Chad Spanberger, with the new updates to non-owner occupant lending, it's a great time to house hack (preferably a 2-4 family) before moving on to non-owner occupant projects. The head of the FHFA recently announced Fannie and Freddie are doing major cut backs to their buying of non-owner occupant loans on the secondary market, which should cause the rates and fees to rise for investor borrowers. Additionally, house hacking allows you to lock in extremely low interest rates and long term leverage with lower down payments(keeping more cash available for other projects.)

  • Rebecca KnoxBusiness Member
    Specialist · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    Go Brewers!  

    Nice to meet you. My name is Rebecca and my husband and I have run Captain Save a Home LLC, Brew City REI Club, Brew City REI Training Cafe and Wisconsin Contractor and Handyman Club based out of Milwaukee, WI for the past 8 years. Milwaukee Hard Money will be having an event on April 7th on how to find deals. Tonight, Brew City REI Club is having a virtual meetup about investing in group homes. https://www.biggerpockets.com/...

    Hope to meet you at one of the local REI events around town and if I can assist you with your goals, reach out anytime. 

    Captain Save-A-Home LLC
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.