What loan can I get with a 550 credit score?

What loan can I get with a 550 credit score?

Member since 2017 · 7 posts · 4 votes

If I have 40k what loan can I get to buy a house with a 550 credit score?

How much money the bank will give me?

0Reply
20 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Dan WeberBusiness Member
    Realtor · Portland, ME · Member since 2015 · 655 posts · 552 votes
    5y

    Banks will not lend solely on your credit score. It is a combination of your credit score, income, and debt-to-income ratio. You are going to have to ask around a bit before you find a bank that will lend on 550. Most aren't willing to lend on that score in this environment as bank are risk adverse. I would suggest taking some of that $40k and paying off some of your debts to try and get that credit score up. Then it will be easier to get a home loan.

  • Real Estate Broker · Portland, OR · Member since 2019 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y

    Probably not much under 10%, why?

    Should be obvious before you buy anything, you should clean up your credit.

  • Lender · Frisco, TX · Member since 2019 · 546 posts · 270 votes
    5y

    Probably not a lot, especially if you're looking to buy an investment property. Investment properties have the highest rate of default and your credit score is a reflection of how well you've paid back money that has been lent out to you

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.