Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 2 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Mortgage Brokers & Lenders
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Darnell Robinson
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Oakland, CA
Votes |
DSCR loans for $50-$80k purchase price

Darnell Robinson
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Oakland, CA
Posted Jul 17 2023, 13:17

Greetings! 

My partner and I visited Detroit MI this past weekend and found 2 deals:

TRIPLEX for $50k with ARV of $130k with one unit already rented at $1000 & the other two needing about $30k to rehab. Address is 13000 Plymouth Rd Detroit, MI 48227.

DUPLEX at $75k. Duplex, ARV $100-$127k both units empty, one is ready to rent and the other needs about $15k rehabs rents at $1200 per unit, per our agents MLS info. 12190 Santa Rosa Drive, Detroit MI 48204.

We've been trying to get a DSCR Loan but keep hearing the purchase amount is too low. Any suggestions?

User Stats

Votes
Travis Biziorek
  • Investor
  • Arroyo Grande, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Arroyo Grande, CA
Replied Jul 5 2024, 16:30
Quote from @Ryan Brown:
Quote from @Cameron Mehta:

SO many people here with opinions that know nothing about Detroit. There are for sure DSCR lenders that lend down to 50k. And the person who said Detroit property rents are so low and won't work for DSCR debt is on crack.

Cameron would you mind naming a few lenders that offer DSCR loans with 50K min? Specifically asking for Detroit area.

Check out the folks at Mino Lending in Detroit. I know Cedar Neeley over there pretty well and they are one of the only lenders I know of doing loans of this size. 

User Stats

Votes
Robert Barnowsky
Lender
Votes |
Lender
Replied Jul 8 2024, 06:13

Thank you so much for the recommendation Travis! 

I'm the Operations Director with MINO Lending Solutions. We can in fact go as low as $50k for DSCR.

Give us a call or visit our website where you can quickly fill out an application. 

www.minolending.com/

BiggerPockets logo
Network With Property Managers
|
BiggerPockets
Partnering with a property manager before you buy will boost your bottom line. Match and mingle with top property managers now!

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jul 15 2024, 08:25
Quote from @Mike Dissett:

Hi Darnell:

I can help you with loan amounts down to $55,000 on DSCR loans. We require 20% down, so that would make or minimum purchase price $68,750

Hi Mike, can we connect? I may have the need for a loan. Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Charlie Gonzalez
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Jul 20 2024, 14:29

Hi Darnell,

we allow loan amounts as low as 75k. Not only that, we allow up to 6% seller concessions. Yes…6! This is huge for investment properties. This can cover most if not all of your closings costs. If you want in, please feel free to reach out and I can pair you up with one of my mortgage brokers and we can help you out. We’d close the loans with me as I’m the lender. And I also know plenty of realtors if you wanted to connect with one as well. 

User Stats

Votes
Robert Barnowsky
Lender
Votes |
Lender
Replied Jul 22 2024, 07:30

I commented a couple weeks ago but I just want to be sure I offer assistance to anyone who needs it. 

I'm the Operations Director with MINO Lending Solutions. We're a local lender based out of Detroit but we can lend in 46 states. 

We can go as low as $50k loan amount. 

Even better news, we can now offer No Seasoning on DSCR.

Please feel free to give us a call (866) 646-6536 or visit our website www.minolending.com

User Stats

Votes
KiKi Wood
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Indianapolis, IN
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Indianapolis, IN
Replied Aug 1 2024, 08:20

Hi Darnell! I have a great investment lender that is licensed in Michigan, and she does 100% financed fix and flip, that you are able to refy into a DSCR loan. These properties seem to have potential. Message me if you want me to connect you with her! :) Good luck!

User Stats

Votes
Replied Aug 10 2024, 08:18
Quote from @Travis Biziorek:
Quote from @Ryan Brown:
Quote from @Cameron Mehta:

SO many people here with opinions that know nothing about Detroit. There are for sure DSCR lenders that lend down to 50k. And the person who said Detroit property rents are so low and won't work for DSCR debt is on crack.

Cameron would you mind naming a few lenders that offer DSCR loans with 50K min? Specifically asking for Detroit area.

Check out the folks at Mino Lending in Detroit. I know Cedar Neeley over there pretty well and they are one of the only lenders I know of doing loans of this size. 

Thank you, Travis! Also, dm'd you about something separate.