Rental Property Investor · Fremont, CA · Member since 2017 · 22 posts · 10 votes
I just passed my California's real estate salesperson exam and now want to find the right broker to work with. My main motivation for getting a real estate license is to be able to write my own offers when I am buying/investing in my own places, helping friends and family with their real estate needs, and having access to the MLS. I also wish to work part time as a realtor and further explore this space as a full time career. Any advice, tips, or referrals (I currently live in the Bay Area, and have been a Fremont resident for about 20 years).
Real Estate Broker · Pineville, LA · Member since 2009 · 70 posts · 18 votes
7y
Congrats on passing the exam! I'd say research the different brokerages and find one that fits your style. I'm a relaxed kind of girl, not pushy, and prefer the closeness of a small company/team, so I opted to interview only smaller offices for affiliation rather than some of the big-name brokerages. Perhaps you can narrow your search like that? I wish I could offer more guidance, but I'm sure California brokerages are vastly different than our Louisiana ones. Good luck to you :)
Real Estate Agent · Merritt Island, FL · Member since 2017 · 974 posts · 1k+ votes
7y
@Saami Siddiqui - if you're new to this, select the brokerage with the best training. High splits, market share, etc, etc, don't mean much if you don't know what you're doing. Think long term.
Real Estate Broker · Tyler, TX · Member since 2018 · 193 posts · 143 votes
7y
@Saami Siddiqui Congratulations! It's a challenging and fun business, but you'll have a lot of experience to get under your belt. @Russell Brazil nailed it...who has the listing market sewn up? Pick the brokerage that has the most signs in the yard...those signs make the phone ring, and have the agents that can teach you how to become a successful Realtor!
Go to the meetings, listen to everyone and pick and choose what you think will work for you! Splits are important, but that will come with time. Surround yourself with successful people build relationships.
Rental Property Investor · Fremont, CA · Member since 2017 · 22 posts · 10 votes
7y
Thank you @Russell Brazil, looks like @Tchaka Owen, and @Angie Shires are on the same page as you. Sounds like training and good mentors is something I should be looking to prioritize. @Sandra K Shirah thanks for your feedback, I do think a style match for me is going to be important. I would like to be in a pretty hands off environment so that I can learn/bring business at my own pace since I will only be doing this part time to start off. Thanks @Miles Stanley!
Real Estate Agent · Cupertino, CA · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
7y
39465 Paseo Padre Pkwy #1500, Fremont, CA 94538
KW Bench Mark. Look up their phone # as system will not allow it.
Suggest them because that is one of the few name brokerages that will take rookie realtors and willing to train you. The commission is decent considering you are starting out new. They teach you the right way.