Real Estate License in Springfield MA. reciprocal to Connecticut

Real Estate License in Springfield MA. reciprocal to Connecticut

Member since 2018 · 8 posts · 4 votes

I am looking to get my RE Licence in Connecticut.  I was looking into doing it online with Springfield MA. Does anyone have information where is the best institution and what are the pro and cons? 

1Reply
26 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · CT · Member since 2015 · 400 posts · 432 votes
7y

@Monica De Lozadapadin I second what @Stephen R. said. 

There have been 4-5 of us in CT that have take taken that same course in MA, he is fun and educational. Like Steve, said keep an eye out for the groupon. 

Take a look at my thread on being an agent for a year: https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/21/topics/584...

Best of luck! 

See this reply in the discussion

11 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · NEWTOWN, CT · Member since 2016 · 80 posts · 23 votes
    7y

    Monica,

    Are you currently licensed in MA? If not I used Metropolitan School of Real Estate outside of Boston. Michael is a great instructor and you can complete the licensing course in two weekends. He offers tuition discounts on Groupon so keep an eye out for them. Once you are licensed in MA you basically have to file a form and, of course, pay a fee to the State of Connecticut and you will have your CT license. 

    https://marealestatelicenseschool.com/

  • Rental Property Investor · CT · Member since 2015 · 400 posts · 432 votes
    7y

    @Monica De Lozadapadin I second what @Stephen R. said. 

    There have been 4-5 of us in CT that have take taken that same course in MA, he is fun and educational. Like Steve, said keep an eye out for the groupon. 

    Take a look at my thread on being an agent for a year: https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/21/topics/584...

    Best of luck! 

  • Real Estate Agent · Cromwell, CT · Member since 2017 · 22 posts · 13 votes
    7y

    @Scott Hollister thanks for the link to that other thred.  Great post, it was helpful.

  • Peter KopchikPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Ansonia, CT · Member since 2018 · 42 posts · 13 votes
    7y
    @Scott Hollister Do you need a Massachusetts address? Or anything like that? I was looking into the same thing. Thanks
  • Investor · NEWTOWN, CT · Member since 2016 · 80 posts · 23 votes
    7y

    @Peter Kopchik

    To be licensed in MA or to take the course? No, no Massachusetts address needed.

  • Peter KopchikPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Ansonia, CT · Member since 2018 · 42 posts · 13 votes
    7y
    @Stephen R. Did you have to travel up there for the course?
  • Property Manager · Windsor Locks, CT · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Peter Kopchik:
    @Stephen R. Did you have to travel up there for the course?

     Yes, I did it in Norwood, MA over two weekends. 4 10 hour days. Passed the test the first try. Took about 1 month for CT to reciprocate it. Sure as heck beats doing it in CT!

  • Peter KopchikPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Ansonia, CT · Member since 2018 · 42 posts · 13 votes
    7y
    @Filipe Pereira Why do you say that about CT? I feel like if you still gotta do the time what's so different?
  • Property Manager · Windsor Locks, CT · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    When I was researching courses in CT, I couldn't find a single class that didn't have a 60 HR minimum, and was offered in minimal classes. Everything I saw was 5-10 weeks long. In MA you can get it done in 2 weekends. 

  • Investor · NEWTOWN, CT · Member since 2016 · 80 posts · 23 votes
    7y

    I second what Filipe said.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.