Any options to hold CA RE agent license & not pay dues/fees

Any options to hold CA RE agent license & not pay dues/fees

Investor · Pleasanton, CA · Member since 2015 · 28 posts · 11 votes

Hi Folks

I got my CA real estate agent license a couple of years ago & currently hang my license with a local broker. Going forward, I don't intend on being an active agent buying & selling homes, so my question is, short of giving up my license, is there any option to not pay all the quarterly board dues & broker office fees, E&O, etc., but keep the license in some "reduced" status, so I can still possibly reap the benefits of the real estate professional status for real estate investing. Thanks for any & all input

0Reply
39 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Garden City, NY · Member since 2016 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    @Mano Chidambaram

    There is a reduced status called a referral agent. You hang your license and don't pay fees, but you can't conduct any transactions with the license. You'll only be able to get paid a referral fee if you referral bring business to the office.

    Outside of the referral fees, you wouldn't be able to use the license in any capacity.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 732 votes
    8y

    @Mano Chidambaram , this is one that I heard some people mention in CA. It doesn't look like they have any monthly or ongoing fees...just if you do a transaction.

    http://reebroker.com/about.aspx  

    But I'm guessing there would still be board dues, unless you do something like Christopher suggested. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.