Looking for an investor-friendly RE agent in Erie, PA

Looking for an investor-friendly RE agent in Erie, PA

Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2017 · 4 posts · 0 votes
Hi everyone! I'm looking to house hack and buy a duplex in the next 3 months in Erie, PA. I'd like to see if anyone on the BP forums had any suggestions about particular real estate agents or companies that are investor friendly and would be a good resource to use. Or if there are any not so good ones to stay away from. Any and all advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance!
0Reply
20 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Erie, PA · Member since 2017 · 19 posts · 11 votes
    9y
    PM me. I can refer you to one who is also an investor.
  • Union City, PA · Member since 2016 · 29 posts · 9 votes
    9y

    Linda Foll Johnson, at Marsha Marsh

  • Erie, PA · Member since 2016 · 39 posts · 17 votes
    9y

    I'm currently hacking a duplex in west Erie. Large brick with a garage and paved driveway across from a park. Two big 3/1 flats. Downstairs leased for $836 (I pay WST and provide washer/dryer). I also lease the 2 other beds in my unit upstairs for $350 each unfirnished, utilities included. I have done 90% of the renovations myself (I don't recommend, but doing what I need to do). I also maintain and manage. I'm living for free and cash flowing nicely. Also, just finished a brrrr single family deal. Used private money to buy and renovate a 3/1.5 cape cod. Three weeks after closing, tenants moved in and now just waiting to season and refi. $0 out of pocket but plenty of sweat equity. Had more outside help to renovate that one but it was over 2 weeks of 14 hour days on average including a full time job. Should end up with 20k in equity, cash flow around $200/month with PMI in place, and about the same with 15 year commercial loan to our LLC after refi. My partner and I are looking for more and making offers. I'm also looking for another multifamily for my portfolio. Trying to find a good 4 unit. I know a great realtor, she is an investor/agent. Dorothy Butala with Agresti. She is an investor/agent and also a board member for the Erie Apartment Association (fun fact: its the largest in the country and i recommend you join). She has a lot of resources and specializes in working with investors.

  • Erie, PA · Member since 2017 · 25 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    Great info @Jesse Aiken. I'm also in the Erie area and will look up Dorothy. 

    @Account Closed I use Sharon Swift at Howard Hanna. She's been awesome and has tons of experience. You can PM me as well if you have any questions 

  • Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2017 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    Thanks to @Jesse Aiken @Chris Wakley @Gabriel Hershberger and @Chris Mentch for commenting! I'll definitely be contacting them to get a feel for who is best to work with. Happy Hacking! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.