I need Team Building Advice for Investor/Agent in Northern VA

I need Team Building Advice for Investor/Agent in Northern VA

Real Estate Agent · Farmville, VA · Member since 2017 · 116 posts · 32 votes

Hello to all,

I am an investor who is currently taking the test to become an agent. My wife and I are investors/homeowners for 5  years but Had a hard time finding great team members who didn't mind working with someone like me with little money. So I chose to become an agent to build capital and invest more into our portfolio.

As I'm taking the test, I wanted to know any advice from you all about building a great team for my future clients as in agent and for my own business as well.  I work full time so I will start as a part time agent.  I am aware of the systems that need to be in place to take advantage of the little time I do have dealing with work, family, etc.  I want to get a great head start working ON my business instead of losing opportunities working IN my business.

I am located in Northern Virginia who is always looking to partner with great like minded individuals.  

0Reply
18 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Falls Church · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
9y

@Gregg Hutton you're welcome, and I look forward to it. 

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Falls Church · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    @Gregg Hutton connect with @Elizabeth Nourse she is the principle broker of Customer Realty and will have some great insight for you on the questions you have.

  • Real Estate Agent · Farmville, VA · Member since 2017 · 116 posts · 32 votes
    9y

    @Brandon L. thanks again for all the help. We surely have to plan to meet soon!

  • Real Estate Agent · Falls Church · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    @Gregg Hutton you're welcome, and I look forward to it. 

  • William BrownPro Member
    Wholesaler · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 276 posts · 181 votes
    9y

    To quote one of the guys off the podcast on how to find a good contractor:

    "It's like dating: you have to kiss a lot of frogs"

    But when building your team how do you attract the pretty and nice frogs? Well, you have to come off as a pretty and nice frog too. This means building a reputation of honesty, reliability and consistency as well as having the ability to work well with others. The good lawyers, brokers, title companies, contractors, etc will be drawn to YOU. 

    YOU are the prize. Have them come to you.

    And treat your team well. While you might make a few extra bucks on a single project if you stiff your contractor, how likely is it that he will want to come back and work for you again? and again?

    Finally, don't be afraid to get into bed with some frogs. Do your due diligence on them as much as you can, but then test them for a deal. If it isn't a good relationship cut bait.

    my 2c

  • Real Estate Agent · Rockville, MD · Member since 2016 · 39 posts · 7 votes
    9y

    I would recommend joining a lot of REIAs and attending a lot of networking events in the Northern VA and DC Area. Meetup.com is a good source to find networking events. Also, if you want to do work in a certain area you should consider attending a couple chamber of commerce events.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.