Need a sponsor for the Real Estate exam in Columbus, Ohio

Need a sponsor for the Real Estate exam in Columbus, Ohio

Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2015 · 16 posts · 4 votes

Hello!

I finished classes at Hondros in Westerville and am ready to take the exam to become licensed, but I need a sponsor. My only goal is to find deals for the serious investors in Columbus, Ohio (like John Horner). I have money saved for the MLS and Realtor dues for the year as well as a marketing budget and have launched a website for SEO and am working on a DM campaign.

All I need is a sponsor. I have contacted BuildRealty, Ownerland and Transaction Realty as the flat-fee brokers seem to be a good fit for what I want to do, or does anyone have a suggestion for an investor friendly brokerage that might be interested?

Thanks!

0Reply
105 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2015 · 24 posts · 8 votes
9y

I'm with Keller Williams since 2011. Been with 2 large brokerages, 1 discount broker.

I agree about the larger companies for training.  I didn't know what I didn't know when I was first licensed.    I know more than most about internet marketing and advertising, so I can tell when a broker doesn't really know what they are offering "for free" to agents.    Ask lots of questions.  I like that agents in my brokerage ARE investors themselves.  Also like that I can organize a mastermind around anything I want to learn or teach and agents will participate.   I would say that the biggest a-ha for me in the most recent couple of years is that I needed to run my business as a business.  I don't work FOR my broker.  I own my own real estate sales business and I'm branching out with investor clients as well as becoming an investor myself.     Ask lots of questions.   

See this reply in the discussion

13 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Circleville, OH · Member since 2008 · 633 posts · 488 votes
    9y

    I'm pretty sure virtually any brokerage will sponsor you. I know when I got my license there was a 'brokers night' where quite a few showed up to sign the sponsorship paperwork there. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Canton, OH · Member since 2017 · 25 posts · 7 votes
    9y

    Check with Hondros to see if they have any career nights coming up. They bring in a ton of brokers for you to talk with and figure out what is the best match for you. I took my classes at Hondros' Akron campus and I know they have them fairly often. I didn't go to career night because I had already chosen a broker but a couple people in my class did and they said it was great.

  • Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2015 · 16 posts · 4 votes
    9y

    Thanks, @Brandon Schlichter. I'm assuming the brokers night at Hondros? I'll be going to the next one then. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2015 · 24 posts · 8 votes
    9y

    Chris,

    I've been with 4 brokers in Columbus. If you need info, I  can share my experience.

  • Investor · Hilliard, OH · Member since 2014 · 60 posts · 25 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Chris Loker:

    Hello!

    I finished classes at Hondros in Westerville and am ready to take the exam to become licensed, but I need a sponsor. My only goal is to find deals for the serious investors in Columbus, Ohio (like John Horner). I have money saved for the MLS and Realtor dues for the year as well as a marketing budget and have launched a website for SEO and am working on a DM campaign.

    All I need is a sponsor. I have contacted BuildRealty, Ownerland and Transaction Realty as the flat-fee brokers seem to be a good fit for what I want to do, or does anyone have a suggestion for an investor friendly brokerage that might be interested?

    Thanks!

     Chris,

    What has been your experience with BuildRealty, Ownerland and Transaction Realty? What are their fee structures?

  • Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2015 · 16 posts · 4 votes
    9y

    @Joan Defenbaugh Yes, please do. Which did you like best? 

    @Melroy D'Souza Haven't heard back from any of them. BuildRealty is supposedly all investors according to their website and the other two are flat fee brokers.

  • Robert EllisBusiness Member
    Developer · Miami, FL · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Chris Loker:

    Hello!

    I finished classes at Hondros in Westerville and am ready to take the exam to become licensed, but I need a sponsor. My only goal is to find deals for the serious investors in Columbus, Ohio (like John Horner). I have money saved for the MLS and Realtor dues for the year as well as a marketing budget and have launched a website for SEO and am working on a DM campaign.

    All I need is a sponsor. I have contacted BuildRealty, Ownerland and Transaction Realty as the flat-fee brokers seem to be a good fit for what I want to do, or does anyone have a suggestion for an investor friendly brokerage that might be interested?

    Thanks!

     I'm at key realty and there plenty of investor agents here. We have a residential and investor side. Lot's of people who just do their own website. Mike hall is the broker for the Columbus office. Shoot me a PM if you want his info. 

  • Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2015 · 16 posts · 4 votes
    9y

    @Robert Ellis thanks!

  • Columbus, OH · Member since 2015 · 117 posts · 175 votes
    9y

    I'd recommend B.O.S.S. Realty Group if you're looking for a flat fee brokerage. I pay $200/month and keep 100% of my commissions. No other fees. If you're new and will need training, I'd recommend a larger brokerage that you can learn from through their training they offer.

  • Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2015 · 24 posts · 8 votes
    9y

    I'm with Keller Williams since 2011. Been with 2 large brokerages, 1 discount broker.

    I agree about the larger companies for training.  I didn't know what I didn't know when I was first licensed.    I know more than most about internet marketing and advertising, so I can tell when a broker doesn't really know what they are offering "for free" to agents.    Ask lots of questions.  I like that agents in my brokerage ARE investors themselves.  Also like that I can organize a mastermind around anything I want to learn or teach and agents will participate.   I would say that the biggest a-ha for me in the most recent couple of years is that I needed to run my business as a business.  I don't work FOR my broker.  I own my own real estate sales business and I'm branching out with investor clients as well as becoming an investor myself.     Ask lots of questions.   

  • Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2015 · 16 posts · 4 votes
    9y

    Just to update I decided on Key Realty. Awesome low commission with basically no other fees outside of the Realtor dues plus weekly training sold me. 

    Perfect for what I'm looking for and anyone looking to just "hang" their license here in Ohio. 

    Thanks everyone!

  • Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2015 · 24 posts · 8 votes
    9y

    Hi Chris,

    If you want to join a weekly Mastermind group, we have one going on now based on the MREI, Millionaire Real Estate Investor book. You don't have to be with Keller Williams to attend. The class is free. I can get the book for you if you don't have it already.  I'm learning A LOT from the agents running the class. They are both investors too.  I wanted to learn how to work better with investors as well as learn more about investing for myself (and my son).    Let me know if you want to attend. No class this week, but starts back up on Wed March 29th. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.