I'm looking for an investor friendly realtor in Syracuse NY

I'm looking for an investor friendly realtor in Syracuse NY

Syracuse, NY · Member since 2015 · 47 posts · 5 votes

I'm looking for an investor friendly realtor in Syracuse NY. I'm looking to buy my first 2 family in a good area of Onondaga county. I have 2 pre approval letters. I'm hoping to get with someone who knows what will make a good rental/house hack property.

0Reply
28 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Syracuse, NY · Member since 2013 · 24 posts · 27 votes
10y

I've worked with Abbey Proulx of Coldwell Banker.  She's great - I'll send you her contact info.

See this reply in the discussion

11 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Syracuse, NY · Member since 2013 · 24 posts · 27 votes
    10y

    I've worked with Abbey Proulx of Coldwell Banker.  She's great - I'll send you her contact info.

  • Syracuse, NY · Member since 2015 · 47 posts · 5 votes
    10y
    Great, thanks Greg.
  • Rental Property Investor · San Rafael, CA · Member since 2015 · 190 posts · 90 votes
    10y

    Hi Jesse, I have a great realtor in Syracuse and have purchased a few properties through her (including one HUD home). Happy to share info if you want it. Disclaimer: it is my wife's cousin but she understands what we are looking for as investors.

    - will

  • Syracuse, NY · Member since 2014 · 73 posts · 22 votes
    10y

    Alexis Bliss of Keller Williams.

    Friend and realtor, she's also an investor herself, which is what you want out of an agent. 

    I'm house hacking right now myself. Hit me up and I'll fill you in.

  • Rental Property Investor · Raleigh NC · Member since 2015 · 90 posts · 30 votes
    10y

    Joseph Scordo Realty USA this is the gjy I use and he is also an investor in Syracuse as well

  • Real Estate Agent · Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2015 · 26 posts · 7 votes
    10y

    I am curious, and I see the same mention all the time. "I am looking for a FRIENDLY REALTOR" Why, please tell me WHY? Someone put "FRIENDLY REALTOR". I think, if you had a bad experience with a ASSSSSSSTRONAUT REALTOR in the past. Just, ignore that Realtor inform everybody in the community; hey such and such in an ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSTRONAUT. So everybody, knows and do not work or contact that bad apple. And just in case, if is not clear enough. In the future just post, I am looking for a Realtor in "Whatever place you need someone". And hold on tight for the next episode......

  • Syracuse, NY · Member since 2015 · 47 posts · 5 votes
    10y
    ROBERT ORRIGONI An INVESTOR FRIENDLY REALTOR is someone who is an investor themselves or is educated in rei. A lot of realtors don't understand our needs on that end of things.
  • Mindy JensenPro Member
    BiggerPockets Money Podcast Host · Longmont, CO · Member since 2014 · 7k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    10y

    @Robert Orrigonithe original poster is looking for an agent who is investor-friendly. An agent who works with investors, who knows what investors are looking for, and understands that they are making lower offers.

    Some agents don't like to work with investors because they make low offers or ask to see a lot of properties.

    So when you see friendly agent on this site, it's usually investor-friendly agent.

  • Real Estate Agent · Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2015 · 26 posts · 7 votes
    10y

    OK, What about "Looking for Realtor Knowledgeable / Investor" - 

    Realtor Knowledgeable with Investments, Etc. Etc. Etc. 

  • Syracuse, NY · Member since 2014 · 73 posts · 22 votes
    10y

    @Robert Orrigoni You have to be specific: if you're starting out to be an investor, you want an investor-minded (or friendly) agent for the reasons Mindy and Jesse stated. 

    Quick story: the first agent I had was cool but over time we started to disagree on the type of houses we should be looking at. Sure enough, she was pushing me in a direction SHE thought I should go versus what I really wanted. So she dumped...errrr I mean assigned me to a new agent only a few months in from training... who was already a colleague of mines because she was an investor! 15 months after that, I closed in my first property with that agent, finding a good value duplex with a finished attic  (HOUSEBREAKING!).

  • Syracuse, NY · Member since 2014 · 73 posts · 22 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Robert Orrigoni:

    OK, What about "Looking for Realtor Knowledgeable / Investor" - 

    Realtor Knowledgeable with Investments, Etc. Etc. Etc. 

     I screwed up the quoting thing. See my post above. My bad.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.