Investment Friendly Brokerage to Hang License Colorado

Investment Friendly Brokerage to Hang License Colorado

Investor · Denver · Member since 2022 · 1 post · 2 votes

I just passed my real estate broker's license and am ready to hang my license in Colorado . I am looking for an investment friendly brokerage that I am able to join. I heard eXp provides flexibility for brokers that are working part time. Does anyone have any experience with eXp? Also, do I need to apply for an inactive license before I apply anywhere? 

Thanks!

2Reply
103 views

Most Popular Reply

Ryan ThomsonBusiness Member
Real Estate Agent · Colorado Springs, CO · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
3y

join eXp! I'll send you my link so you can be in my downline. :) just kidding I don't work at eXp. And to be clear, there are certainly some good teams there. Best of luck to you

The Assumable Guy544 Reviews
See this reply in the discussion

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Realtor · Longmont, CO · Member since 2021 · 577 posts · 631 votes
    3y

    I interviewed with eXp and then a few KW branches and ultimately decided to join the NoCo KW Empire. All of the NoCo franchises are jointly owned. As a part time agent, I have been very impressed with the space and flexibility I get when I need it, but also the support that is readily available when I need it.

    If you send me a message I can get you connected with our team, and I can share our calendar. All of our trainings are open to anyone who wants to come, because we are confident that anyone who attends will ask "Why isn't my brokerage doing this?" 

  • Hamp Lee IIIPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 832 votes
    3y

    Congrats on passing your exam! 

    There are a lot of brokerages that are investment-friendly. Take your time to research and interview several brokerages beyond eXp to see if they fit what you need in your career right now. 

    I wanted to join Fathom early on, but I did speak with several other brokerages first.

    I wish you all the best!

  • Ryan ThomsonBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Colorado Springs, CO · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y

    join eXp! I'll send you my link so you can be in my downline. :) just kidding I don't work at eXp. And to be clear, there are certainly some good teams there. Best of luck to you

    The Assumable Guy544 Reviews
  • Dan GuentherBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Longmont, CO · Member since 2019 · 548 posts · 271 votes
    3y

    Hey Mike, congrats on passing your test! While the brokerage you choose definitely has a big impact on your business, the agents (investor friendly) that you surround yourself with within that brokerage are going to be a key factor. Are you looking to join a team or go solo as an agent? 

  • Rental Property Investor · CO · Member since 2017 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    3y

    Hey Mike,

    Congrats on passing your exam. I am in a very similar boat right now. I passed my exam and am in the process of looking for a brokerage to hang my license in CO, specifically the Denver area. I am also looking for part time as I already have a good paying engineering job that I enjoy. I would like to find a brokerage that specializes in investment residential real estate. I would be very interested in your experience interviewing with brokerages and what you find.

    I have already applied for my license and way approved on inactive status, but I don't think it's necessary. I did this because I wanted to get the fingerprinting, background check, etc out of the way. It cost $25 to go from inactive to active status once you have an employing brokerage and upload your E&O insurance. Hope this helps!

  • Realtor · Denver, CO · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y

    What are you going to use your license for exactly? 

  • Ben RhodinBusiness Member
    Realtor · Denver, CO · Member since 2020 · 338 posts · 331 votes
    3y

    Hey @Mike C.! Welcome to the space and be prepared to be bombarded by people wanting to recruit you. Personally, I don't believe there are any "investment-minded brokerages", so what is it that you are actually hoping to get out of your brokerage and life as an agent? The biggest difference between brokerages will be splits and fees, and the support you'll get. I personally hung my license at eXp because of the low fees, and good splits and the team I joined when starting out was here so I had to. But am personally breaking off shortly. If you feel that you need in-person support, and more of a traditional brokerage model eXp won't be for you. But if you want low cost, but still have access to that then it's great, as well as all the pyramid scheme programs involved with it :)

    Personally, I'll agree with @Dan Guenther, that the actual brokerage won't make a huge difference, it is more about who you surround yourself with. If you want to be an investor-focused agent, then join an investment-focused team, and whatever brokerage they are with. Or just go to whatever brokerage affords you the most flexibility and just start networking with investors and investor agents to build that support system.

    As a part-time agent the last thing you want is high desk fees or other junk fees, since you may not be producing a ton in the beggining.

  • Denver, CO · Member since 2024 · 31 posts · 24 votes
    2y

    @Mike C. Reviewing this thread almost a year later because I have similar aspirations to you. I am getting my license in Colorado and plan to invest in multi-family real estate. What brokerage did you end up going with?

  • Mark WilliamsPro Member
    Real Estate Broker · Huntington Beach, CA · Member since 2010 · 63 posts · 35 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Mike C.:

    I just passed my real estate broker's license and am ready to hang my license in Colorado . I am looking for an investment friendly brokerage that I am able to join. I heard eXp provides flexibility for brokers that are working part time. Does anyone have any experience with eXp? Also, do I need to apply for an inactive license before I apply anywhere? 

    Thanks!

    I did not realize this is a year old post:) 

  • Denver · Member since 2018 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    2y
     @Mike C.:

    @Troy Nygren @Caitlin Logue

    Where did you all end up?  I'm a few weeks away from my exam. 

    My goal is primarily to become my own agent for residential SFH flips (3-6 per year), get access to MLS, and easier access to new listings. I'll be looking for a 'hands off' brokerage if such a thing exists (while realizing I'll need a 'high level of supervision' my first two years) with a low fee structure for my own deals.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.