HOW TO BECOMING A REAL ESTATE SALESPERSON

HOW TO BECOMING A REAL ESTATE SALESPERSON

Renter · Norwich, NY · Member since 2013 · 51 posts · 11 votes

I live in upstate NY about an hour away from Syracuse. Is there any programs where I can get my REA online?

0Reply
7 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Syracuse, NY · Member since 2013 · 39 posts · 16 votes
    12y

    Hi Dev. Go to CNYrealtor.com and click the education tab. On the lefthand side put your cursor over licensing and click online licensing and you can find out the details. If you can find an actual class in your area I would suggest that over the online. The extra information and experience that a teacher has really makes the content stick. Also, you can set up a few consultations with brokerages in your area to see what they offer and they can give you information about the class. I highly recommend Keller Williams as they have a great training and mentoring program for new hires. Good luck in your journey and if you have any questions let me know.

  • Hollis, NY · Member since 2013 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    12y

    Hello; There are allot of online courses you can take. However, I agree with JIm attending a class provides so much more insight, clarity, feedback and networking than taking an class online. You also get expose to questions from other class members which allows you to learn more. As an older person with some what a little experience I suggest you investigate the activities of being a RE agent to get a real understanding and feel of what"s involved in being an RE agent . I have read and believe it to be true that 8 out 10 people that take the real estate class and exam never actually practice real estate. That's because they don't understand what's really involved in being a real estate agent,. Their expectations are not in sync with reality. You need to have a real love and enjoy the actiivites of being an real estate agent. You need a certain mind set. It's an 24 hour job, which is not a job if you enjoy doing it. I suggest that you look into becoming a mortgage loan officer and compare it to a real estate agent. It's ideal to have both licenses as I use to, however resent regulations now prevents you from having both. I'm a license loan originator that stared out as an real estate agent. After becoming an agent I learned that it was not for me, so I explored becoming a loan officer. I have been a loan officer now for over twenty years and loving it. As I said if you love what you do its not a job, its a hobby. I have not worked for the past twenty years. Good luck in finding your passion, because that's what it's all about.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.